Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Bow season is open in TX.. and rifle season is right around the corner...

Whose got good activity on their trail cams this year?

We've got a few small bucks snooping around so far.. theyre still mostly nocturnal though.. and no monsters have shown their faces yet..

Doe are a different story.. I've got a herd of 6 that show up every morning like clockwork at one blind.. another group of 4 that show up about 50% of the time during daylight hours at another blind.. and then a couple of pairs and singles that show up during daylight pretty routinely already at a couple of other blinds we have set up on the property (a buddy of mine and I have a small lease we share.. just 135 acres.. between us we have 4x blinds and feeders running..)...

Its been a constant parade of doe, raccoon, opossum, and cottontails for the better part of the last 30 days.. and amazingly, NOT ONE SINGLE PIG!!!! (we have tons of wallows all around a small pond thats on the northern edge of the property.. so we know they are present.. but, literally not a single trail cam pic any time day or night in 30 days.. with 8x cameras covering 4 feeders and 4x game trails we're monitoring)..

Its a crap shoot whether or not I'll get an opportunity to land a big buck this year...

But I cant imagine not completely tagging out on antlerless this year.. freaking deer are everywhere..

share your pics!

1698081018349.jpeg

1698081008024.jpeg

He didnt get that big being stupid...

Thats going to be a nice one once you figure out how to outsmart him.. :)

One from last year was spotted back in August

Last year after season
1698090110894.png

This August pic through binos
1698082336067.png

Everyone, of course, is after him at this year’s deer camp.

I’ll probably just hope for a doe.

Another young guy sneaking around tonight… he’ll get a few more years before he makes the target list…

Image1698117942.862442.jpg

That’s some big boys!

I’m still just seeing little bucks and tons of does… but getting excited for opening day… filling the freezer is always fun!

Love how wide that rack is! All the whitetail around my area have tight basket racks…

I officially hate you…. :D

Jealousy fills my soul before 8am today…

Image1698668907.282629.jpg

Still nocturnal.. but finally starting to see a good number of bucks come in… 3 different ones came through between 11pm and 3am last night… this guy was the best of the bunch…

Had a few scrub bucks come in this weekend and a bunch of doe… I’ll hold out a few more weeks before I take a few of the ladies to fill the freezer… we finally have a few nice sized older bucks coming around… the big boys are still night time only visitors though… I’m hopeful once the rut starts I’ll get one of them to zombie walk close by during daylight hours…

Image1699219574.575528.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhBlomf

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!