Safari Season 2024 Has Started - Where We Going?

I hunted the Spanish Ibex slam and both chamois in 2021 and 2022. I love the hunting culture in Spain. Would like to get there in 2025 to hunt an Iberian mouflon up in the Pyrenees.
I am looking forward to it!

Leaving Switzerland tomorrow for France, for 2 days driven hunt and 2 days bowhunting roe deer and Wildboar. Then May and July again a few days bowhunting hunting in France.
Mid-August Easter Cape SA - Buffalo and plain game (looking for Eland, and Gemsbock)
September regular "public land" mountain hunting in Switzerland for Chamois, Red Stag and roe Deer.
October roe deer hunting with hounds and shotgun in Switzerland.
November driven hunt in France.

Going to DSC next week to finalize plans for 2025 trip to Zambia or Namibia.

I will also be looking for a European hunt for 2024, per my wife's request. I am looking for Roe Deer, Mouflon, and Ibex. I am leaning toward Spain. But Alaska is also on her radar for this year. It is always fun to talk to perspective outfitters at DSC.

I live in the Dallas metro area so DSC moving to Atlanta for a few years is disappointing.

Going to DSC next week to finalize plans for 2025 trip to Zambia or Namibia.

I will also be looking for a European hunt for 2024, per my wife's request. I am looking for Roe Deer, Mouflon, and Ibex. I am leaning toward Spain. But Alaska is also on her radar for this year. It is always fun to talk to perspective outfitters at DSC.

I live in the Dallas metro area so DSC moving to Atlanta for a few years is disappointing.
Yea I’m just north of you and I’m pretty upset DSC be gone for 5 years..

March: Argentina: Red Stag, Buffalo (MG Hunting)
September: Romania: Red Stag (Huntromania)
November: Iowa bowhunting whitetail (non-sponsor)
Still trying to figure out if I can slip Africa in somewhere, or else save up for something big in '25

Sounds like a lot of folks have big years planned!

I'm headed to SA for my first Africa trip in May with Frontier Safaris in the Eastern Cape. 10 days, 12 animals. My wife is coming with me as well. Pretty excited to say the least.

I'll do my usual turkey hunting in the spring here in Illinois and Missouri, and then head to my black bear haunts of Maine and Minnesota in the fall. Hoping to take a bear in each state this year.

I'm really thinking about adding a Saskatchewan or Alberta whitetail hunt to my late fall too. Those big bush bucks have got their hooks in me and I want to head up there for one of them.

I am trying to cultivate an "every other year" life. As such, 2024 is all here at home this year. Fingers crossed on drawing a goat tag for an alpine lake on Kodiak. I applied for bison and musk ox too, but I'm a realist. I've thought about trying to put together a deer hunt in the SE. Other than that, it's moose and bear around here, and maybe draw a local tag for caribou. The other 2024 expense is getting my stuff home from Africa from this past year.

2025? Africa? Fingers crossed. I have some ideas, some of which have come up in recent threads. :p

August - Mongolia for Ibexes
September - NewFoundland for Caribou
November - Greece for Ibex, really excited because the family is coming with me on this one.
You need to work on spreading those out in the future... looks like too much fun in too short of span. :)

August - Mongolia for Ibexes
September - NewFoundland for Caribou
November - Greece for Ibex, really excited because the family is coming with me on this one.
Well played

I go on safari every alternate year. Since I went to Tanzania for hippopotamus-on-land last year, I hope to be in Zambia for lion in 2025. Of course, there’ll be some accompanying plains game.
IMG_1524.jpeg

Montana rifle elk hunt for me and two sons-in-law. At the upcoming DSC, hope to find something for 2025. Thinking it's time for a cape buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IngridBiag

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!