ROMANIA: Romanian Red Stag

Lovely stag! Need to work on that carry though. ;) That long carrying strap is so you can carry the rifle tucked under the left arm. Will give yo a rather dashing Euro-look. :A Way To Go:

Fallow, Roe & Wild Boar Hunt in Austria

Congratulations on a great hunt and trophy. Thanks for the informative report and photos.

Enjoy the sightseeing.

Reactions: WAB
I’ve been PMing with him about next year. Those are great red deer.

Great report. For taxidermy work I highly recommend using US studios.

Congratulations on a beautiful trophy and a great hunt. What are the shooting distances typically there?

Congratulations on a beautiful trophy and a great hunt. What are the shooting distances typically there?

I shot at about 80 yards but 300 to 350 is possible. I didn’t take a shot at last light at 300 yards on a good stag. He was moving through a corn field partially obscured and I just wasn’t comfortable. On this trip, of the stags killed, I don’t think any were past 200.

Lovely stag! Need to work on that carry though. ;) That long carrying strap is so you can carry the rifle tucked under the left arm. Will give yo a rather dashing Euro-look. :A Way To Go:

Fallow, Roe & Wild Boar Hunt in Austria

At least now I know what I am aspiring to!

Good information! Thank you for taking the time to share it. Congratulations on a great red!

Oh, and I hope you guys in the Blaser crowd enjoyed finally seeing me using one! I have to admit that I was very impressed. There may be an 8x68 in my future!
Well if you have to "borrow" a rifle you could do much worse than a nice R8! Congrats on the hunt and the trophies. Thanks for posting a hunt report.

I shot at about 80 yards but 300 to 350 is possible. I didn’t take a shot at last light at 300 yards on a good stag. He was moving through a corn field partially obscured and I just wasn’t comfortable. On this trip, of the stags killed, I don’t think any were past 200.

That is very special to be able to get up close to them. Well done again!

Congratulations on a phenomenal hunt and overall experience!! The country is just beautiful!! I’m already planning on going back to hunt with Marius for red deer- likely in 2025 because next year is Spain for ibex!

Awesome! Thank You for sharing with us.

Very nice. Is there a post advertising this hunt with more details?

Thank you @WAB for the interesting and informative report. I'll have to admit, I hadn't seriously looked at Romania before but will be reaching out for more information now.

Mine was 230 and 1 hour into the hunt on the first day! Had a great time hunting with Hunt Romania!

Mine was 230 and 1 hour into the hunt on the first day! Had a great time hunting with Hunt Romania!

R8Hunter took a tremendous stag. I believe it’s the one furthest from the camera in the pic of the four trophies.

Congrats on a great hunt, and thank you for your support as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minustwocargo

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!