Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all. We would like to invite y’all out for one of the greatest upland hunting experiences you can have in North America. We had a fantastic season last year and this year is looking better! Our clients stacked the birds all season and enjoyed some of the hardest flushes and fastest fliers that can be had. We have some of the best dogs around and you are in good hands (paws) with them. We run registered Drathaar’s all of which have passed all of their trials and have been certified to earn that title. We would love the opportunity to hunt with y’all so give me a buzz or shoot me an email and let’s get it done.
We prefer a group of two minimum and a max of 12. Larger and smaller groups than what is preference can be accommodated as long as one’s schedule is flexible for a single or we have at least 90 days notice over the maximum and surcharges can apply at the discretion of the Rockin G Ranch.

Standard Package
Quail, Pheasant, and Chukar mix

Hunt is 2 days 3 nights
Includes guides, meals, lodging, alcohol in moderation, dogs, birds, bird cleaning, and taxidermy prep if needed.
Not included: Anything not in the above section

Package: $1500 per hunter
Extra hunting days: $750/day
Observers $300/day

Booking is limited so all Deposits are 50% and books the hunt.

We are a private bird preserve so we are allowed to set our own season dates and bag limits. We will open the season Oct 1 2022 and run until March 31 2023.
4AAB5CB3-013C-4AD4-B7B1-5EA588431A19.jpeg
7DD55652-3DC8-4EDD-815C-CAA9C81BDAD8.jpeg
886ED3E4-F27D-499B-942D-61ED9E51BB4A.jpeg
EFF00DF8-F992-45EC-B1F1-E368E30C8453.jpeg
3B73DA74-3729-4B20-AFDA-5BB4EA1E1B9B.jpeg
0F6DD439-5A16-4A94-9DFE-EEAC612F9EC1.jpeg

Looks like a great hunt - and priced right. Is 12ga too much gun for Quail??

12 ga is fine for quail (with an open choke), but 28 ga is more traditional for a dedicated quail gun. I’ve hunted them with 12, 16, 20, and 410. All work in the right conditions.

12 ga is fine. We use 7 1/2’s in 12 ga for quail all the time. Generally when I’m hunting I carry 5’s as it helps a lot with knocking the pheasant down but works well for chukar and quail as long as you let them get out a bit. Generally not a problem as quail and chukar get up and fly hard.

Not real sure how an old pic of me hunting coots got in here but hey there y’all go. That is my lab. His name was Drake. Unfortunately, we had to put him down about 6 months ago at the ripe old age of 14. Broke my heart, he was a one of a kind. I miss that ole hound every day.

Do you happen to do any sandhill crane, geese, or duck hunts?
Yes we work with an outstanding waterfowl outfitter. We do a lot of upland/waterfowl combo's together.

I’d like to go sometime.

Hey ya'll we still have a lot of availability on this. Give me a shout and lets get a hunt put together!!!!

Ok so we have October booked. The only remaining October dates are a couple of mid week day hunts. November has some availability, December on through March is fairly open. Give us a shout and lets get a hunt put together!

Hey y’all we still have some availability. October is fully booked. There is limited opening in Nov/Dec. January on through March has a lot of availability but we are starting to fill up so give me a shout and I’ll make sure all AH’rs that want to come hunt will have the opportunity.

Will get with you to sew up the December dates for the TX DU hunt. 15 hunters…. Give or take. May be a hunter or two that want to come early or stay late to hunt other game.

Will get with you to sew up the December dates for the TX DU hunt. 15 hunters…. Give or take. May be a hunter or two that want to come early or stay late to hunt other game.
Absolutely looking forward to it again. We had a blast with y’all last year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuyixinwei26

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!