Red Stag in Argentina

SoVa

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Just thought I would share some photos from my first hunting trip abroad. This was June 2023. My brother in law, best friend and I went to Estancia el Carrizal in La Pampa for a stag hunt.

I can’t say enough good things about the lodge and would highly recommend them.
DJI_0520.jpeg
DJI_0402.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg
DJI_0481.jpeg

Very nice! Would love to hear more details on traveling to BA, the hunt and outfitter. The antlers look quite impressive.

Very nice! Would love to hear more details on traveling to BA, the hunt and outfitter. The antlers look quite impressive.
@375 Ruger Fan we flew from Raleigh North Carolina (my usual airport) to Miami international the Miami to BA flight was supposed to be from 2300 to 0700 the next morning but unfortunately it was delayed until 1300 the day of our planned arrival which put us getting there after 2200 forcing us to get a hotel in BA and reschedule our flight from the BA regional airport the next day. Luckily I travel quite a bit for work and was able to get us a nice room at the Buenos Ares Marriott for the night and we left the next morning and flew from the BA regional airport to Bahia Blanca where we were met by ranch staff to make the 2ish hour drive to the ranch.

Upon our arrival to El Carrizal the chef had some amazing appetizers on the table. We sat down and discussed the overall hunting on the ranch and thanked them for all of the assistance with our changing travel plans (they were fantastic all the way through). That evening we went out to the range and shot rifles then we took a tour of the ranch in the HiLuxs.

We opted to use the rental rifles at the ranch, I was against this but my buddies voted me down and after the travel woes and this being our first trip out of the country hunting it was probably for the best not having that variable to deal with but I will take my own guns on future hunts. The gun and gear guy in me regrets not having my own in the photos of the trip.

The return trip went very smoothly, we flew from Bahia Blanca directly back to EZE in Buenos Ares because there was a problem at the regional airport but that was a convenient coincidence for us. Then back to Miami overnight and a short flight home to Raleigh.

I am happy to answer anything you would like to know about El Carrizal or the hunting itself but it was all great.

Great hunt! Congratulations!

Did you get your trophies yet? We hunted a year ago and still nothing.

I have not, I have had communication with the exporter, they had a big governmental shift there last year (for the better as I understand it) and the export paperwork had to be resubmitted and was not expect to be processed until this March so I’m hoping I will have an update in the next few months.

Those are excellent stag but an odd time of year to hunt them in Argentina. Is this a fenced property or free range?

I hunted with them as well. Fantastic hunt. Fun staff
I have not, I have had communication with the exporter, they had a big governmental shift there last year (for the better as I understand it) and the export paperwork had to be resubmitted and was not expect to be processed until this March so I’m hoping I will have an update in the next few months.
So one of the guys in our group already got his.. interestly he booked another hunt with Alvaro recently and it seems that he got his faster than anyone else… everyone else that hunted cannot get any response.

So one of the guys in our group already got his.. interestly he booked another hunt with Alvaro recently and it seems that he got his faster than anyone else… everyone else that hunted cannot get any response.
We hunted in May 2023.

I was there march 2022, everything ship that November. No problems, actually heading back tomorrow night. Great outfit

We enjoyed the hunt, but my husband is worried about the condition of all his trophies, as it has been almost a year since the hunt. And a little worried about getting them, since we can't get a response from the exporter or anyone else. And we did pay our balance on the hunt right away, so I am not sure what the hold up is.

Is the exporter you are dealing with Romina?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.