Recknagel Eramatic G9-Plus on Rigby BGR question

Wildwillalaska

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US/Mexico
Any of you fine gents have much experience with the Recknagel mounts for the double bridge M98 used by Rigby or Mauser themselves?

Will be mounting a scope shortly on a 416 Rigby and the rifle came with the mounts. I can’t find instructions online anywhere, including Recknagel. My main question relates to the rear ring/mount with the G9-Plus locking mechanism. The ring is somewhat loose to the mount and some play, so thinking the screw affixing the bottom half of the ring to the mount is loose, but cannot say for certain it’s not intended to be. Can’t imagine it’s designed that way, but assumptions breed error, so figured smart to ask if anyone with actual experience with these knows or has a screen shot of the instructions.

Any input/assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi

I am using Recknagel mounts on nearly every gun.

The G9 Plus locking mechanism is always extremely tight, there is no loose part.

That's a pdf file from their website. It's for the H7, but maybe it helps...

1000043702.jpg

Thank you for responding. I did search over their website (saw the above pdf) and general internet searches well before posting here. Really posted because I couldn’t find direction anywhere, and the literature I did find on differing models only seemed to highlight how particular they can be…

The whole … “Improper handling can cause damage’ and you are better off having a taxidermist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)