Politics

Think about all the fashion aspects that typically aren't reproduced for fear of inappropriate imagery:

Double breasted uniforms, unless offset to the side
Capes
Gorgets
Arm bands
Chrome buttons
Oversized Plackets or teardropped plackets
Black / grey uniforms
Black / Silver piping
Armored cavalry uniforms that look like cavalry uniforms
Ribbons/Medals as ties
Lapel patches
And I forgot my dress/mess cape! They were not required so most people didn't buy them. But I did when I became a brigade commander. The Artillery version was particularly striking with its scarlet lining. Then I made GO and couldn't wear the silly thing any longer.

Picture from the web.
58229ec05577f9f5ce1ec38b5e26d885.jpg

And I forgot my dress/mess cape! They were not required so most people didn't buy them. But I did when I became a brigade commander. The Artillery version was particularly striking with its scarlet lining. Then I made GO and couldn't wear the silly thing any longer.

Picture from the web.
View attachment 590542
Looks similar to what the Russian brass are wearing just before they get blown up by a HIMARS in Ukraine? LOL

An Outstanding example of a Marine Officer in the Mess Dress Uniform with Cape and Red Cummerbund

I see he is scuba and jump qualified. Fine Marine!
Thanks.
He served most of his years as a Recon Marine.
He is also in the very exclusive club of Marines who went trough Ranger school and qualified but obviously not authorized to wear the tab.

Thanks.
He served most of his years as a Recon Marine.
He is also in the very exclusive club of Marines who went trough Ranger school and qualified but obviously not authorized to wear the tab.
That is a shame that he can't. That is purely a Marine rule. The Army would be delighted if he could. The small pin-on tab would look great on a mess uniform.

What a delightful nation. God forbid the Russian government couldn't see your web browsing. This place is Nazi Germany without the Jewish Holocaust. Putin merely kills and imprisons his political opponents.

Time for the beef industry to stop shipping beef to NY.
The largest methane producer in the last few years? Blowing up the Nord Stream pipeline. Estimated 500,000 tons dumped into the environment....the equivalent to 40 million tons of CO2 as per the UN. Never ONE word about it from the Greenies.................not a word. Totally agree with you on NY beef ban..........FWB

The largest methane producer in the last few years? Blowing up the Nord Stream pipeline. Estimated 500,000 tons dumped into the environment....the equivalent to 40 million tons of CO2 as per the UN. Never ONE word about it from the Greenies.................not a word. Totally agree with you on NY beef ban..........FWB
A very large dose of methane comes from congress and the media.

That is a shame that he can't. That is purely a Marine rule. The Army would be delighted if he could. The small pin-on tab would look great on a mess uniform.
He hates it as well because he suffered a lot to get it.
He wears it inside his shirt pocket flap non visibly.

DOUBLE TAP WARFARE
Everybody knows what double tap refers to when using a pistol. What about bombs or drone attacks?
The first explosion is followed by a second a few minutes later...usually 5-15
That Hussein guy would probably use this technique. You remember Saddam?

After the first bomb, responders arrive: doctors, nurses, ambulance attendants, firemen and helpful citizens. The second bomb kills them too. Blows off hands and feet, maybe a nail thru the eye. Sometimes there's a third bomb. Terrorists get the kids with the third one. Hamas and the Taliban love that stuff.
DOUBLE TAP TERRORISM
Anyway, the Florida Law Review published an article asking rhetorically whether Hussein should be prosecuted as a war criminal for using double tap warfare. But call it what it is, terrorism.

He did this in at least three Countries in 2009, 2010 and 2012. None since, to the best of anyone's knowledge.

Wait a minute. Saddam was dead by then, right? Ya, he was. It was another guy with that name. Barrack Hussein Obama 44th President of the USA. The law review article (vol 69 Feb 21, 2018) is about prosecuting Obama as a war criminal for authorizing double tap strikes in 3 Countries. Not Presidents Trump or Reagan. Nope. Obama. Champion of diversity, peace and justice. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (for being Black).

Remember the battle cry of the Dem female judges prosecuting Pres Trump?....no one is above the law! Wrong. Democrats and illegal aliens are totally above the law. He'll never be tried or course. Just a fun fact about Libs' favorite American.
When you hear the news, think a bit. Most fake news is fake by omission. Report everything about one side, nothing about the other. .........Stay free..................FWB

What a delightful nation. God forbid the Russian government couldn't see your web browsing. This place is Nazi Germany without the Jewish Holocaust. Putin merely kills and imprisons his political opponents.

Question sir, I got out of the Corps in 1980 and haven’t kept up with TOE since then really, but I’m understanding that they took the Tanks out of the corps, if that is the case than why can’t we take those tanks, refurbished, and give them to Ukraine to use against that communist pos Putin? Or have we but forgot to give them ammo to go with them?

Question sir, I got out of the Corps in 1980 and haven’t kept up with TOE since then really, but I’m understanding that they took the Tanks out of the corps, if that is the case than why can’t we take those tanks, refurbished, and give them to Ukraine to use against that communist pos Putin? Or have we but forgot to give them ammo to go with them?
That's what we did.

I don't know about Hugo Boss and I might be biased but Marines has the best uniforms without a doubt.
Semper Fi.
This. Exactly this.

We could. The Corps has removed 452 Abrams tanks. That is enough to equip 4 or 5 Ukrainian armor brigades without even delving into US Army storage which number approximately 3000. We actually gave them the grand total of 31 - enough to equip a single understrength battalion. Inexplicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltL

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!