Permanently importing a rifle into Oz

Zambezi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Has anyone imported a rifle recently into Oz. I need info and details of the process.

My uncle will "import" my rifle and once my permanent residency comes into effect I'll "buy" it back from him.

Any info will be appreciated.

Gary

Easy enough to do. Line up a good dealer in Aus to handle the import process then be patient. Happy days.

Thanks for the reply. I'll pass the message on but I was kind of hoping to do it with as little expense as possible. The export side plus new hard gun case and freight to get it there is already making my eyes water a bit.

It's the one rifle I will never part with so the expense is just going to have to be what it will be.

You can fly it with you and do it that way as well, may potentially save you some $$$ on shipping.

That is one considered option so far. I'll be emigrating so will have a lot of balls into the air in the next month or three so wanted to get the ball rolling on that side.

I have to get the import license / permit from there before I can apply for the export permit from here. This side takes around 6 weeks I have been told...

@Jumbo has done the importation process. He can advise.

I think he’s out of signal area at the moment but drop him a pm or let me know and I can WhatsApp him for you. He’s in rsa at the moment on holiday.

Thanks for the reply. I'll pass the message on but I was kind of hoping to do it with as little expense as possible. The export side plus new hard gun case and freight to get it there is already making my eyes water a bit.

It's the one rifle I will never part with so the expense is just going to have to be what it will be.

Consider this sending 1 rifle at 12kg including hard case the background costs permits etc is expensive sending 4 more rifle in a wooden crated box 50kg is going to cost you freight extra only then divide sending 5 rifles and split the cost and your eyes shouldnt water as much.

I only have the Musgrave 30.06 to take. I'm looking to get rid of my CBC pump action 12g as it's illegal there and the Rossi .38sp snubbie is not worth the hassle.

The 30.06 is all I'll need as I'll get a a .22 and other toys there. My dream is to have a .404J built there sometime in the future.

I only have the Musgrave 30.06 to take. I'm looking to get rid of my CBC pump action 12g as it's illegal there and the Rossi .38sp snubbie is not worth the hassle.

The 30.06 is all I'll need as I'll get a a .22 and other toys there. My dream is to have a .404J built there sometime in the future.
Which state are you moving to? I'm having a .500J built at the moment.

Sorry but then it is going to cost a bunch to get one rifle out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)