Old Time Safari Photos

Ravensview

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
SCI,DSC, DU
I am in the process of putting my den together and was thinking that some old safari pictures would be cool to add, does anyone know of sources that sell old safari photos, like the old tented camps or vehicles with outfitters names on the side?
Thanks for any info

Something like these ?
IMG_1809.jpeg
IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1803.jpeg
IMG_1806.jpeg

Thanks for the lead, I am not on Facebook though

Ye, Phil those are nice, I am looking more for photos of the camps and vehicles.
Thanks for sharing those
Ravensview,
Maybe @Kevin Peacocke might have a something. I think he has even done a bit of a nostalgia trip using some period gear.

Crawford Fletcher-Jamieson with his H&H Royal .400/450 NE and a zebra from many moons ago. He sold this double and switched over to his now-famous .500 Jeffery bolt-action. A wrist injury made handling the double difficult.
J3.jpg
CFJ-2.jpg

These are good, what I am looking for is a source of old time safari company’s camps and vehicles photos that are for sale, I would like to frame some for hanging on the wall.
Kevin some of those in black and white would look cool, I still think you need to write a book.

These are good, what I am looking for is a source of old time safari company’s camps and vehicles photos that are for sale, I would like to frame some for hanging on the wall.
Kevin some of those in black and white would look cool, I still think you need to write a book.
Just print them in sepia, you are welcome to use what you like.
I don’t know of anywhere that sells photo’s, but Melville and Moon South Africa has a good collection.

Thank You Kevin, does Melville and Moon have a website?

A guy on one of the forums came across and bought her 9.3x62 and did alot of research and came across lots of old photo’s - a few years back

A guy on one of the forums came across and bought her 9.3x62 and did alot of research and came across lots of old photo’s - a few years back

Yes, Bob. I remember him well. Very cool stuff.

As far as safari pics, I get plenty from eBay. But you have to beat me to the good ones first! ;-).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltL

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!