Need assistance with pronunciation of Hindi words

baxterb

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hello all,

(First off, apologies for any inaccuracies/misspeaks forthcoming) I am working on a project and need help from a Hindi speaker to confirm the pronunciation of about 125 or so Hindi words from in and around the Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand State. I would imagine like most places, dialects change based on location, so if you are from that area - so much the better? If that is of no real concern, I’ll be happy to take your word for it. I can take a guess for many of the words, but would much rather have help to be as accurate as possible in order to give the project the authenticity I think it deserves. You’ll forgive me for not going into details here, but at the moment I just can’t elaborate (or jinx it) too much.

The easiest way I think this would work is if you simply read from my list into the voice recorder on your phone and then just emailed me the recording. If there is any sort of alternate pronunciation, just mention that and say the alternate. I will take it from there.

This should not take too long, and I am happy to throw a little cash your way via PayPal, etc for your time.

Please PM if you are willing to help, and thanks for your consideration.

Baxter

You sure know how to make an individual curious.:unsure:

Hello all,

(First off, apologies for any inaccuracies/misspeaks forthcoming) I am working on a project and need help from a Hindi speaker to confirm the pronunciation of about 125 or so Hindi words from in and around the Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand State. I would imagine like most places, dialects change based on location, so if you are from that area - so much the better? If that is of no real concern, I’ll be happy to take your word for it. I can take a guess for many of the words, but would much rather have help to be as accurate as possible in order to give the project the authenticity I think it deserves. You’ll forgive me for not going into details here, but at the moment I just can’t elaborate (or jinx it) too much.

The easiest way I think this would work is if you simply read from my list into the voice recorder on your phone and then just emailed me the recording. If there is any sort of alternate pronunciation, just mention that and say the alternate. I will take it from there.

This should not take too long, and I am happy to throw a little cash your way via PayPal, etc for your time.

Please PM if you are willing to help, and thanks for your consideration.

Baxter
How can I help ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enrico Farinha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone