My name is_______ and I have a problem

Now that's just plain rude....saying 1 in 275 and 1 in 416 and he's all sorted...then to through in add 1 in 350.

You know everyone needs the hunt everything in the world 375H&H, and hunt everything in North America with a 30-06 and he really ought to look into DRs for Dangerous Game hunting in Africa.

We are here to support @gearguywb by encouraging him how he really needs his dream rifle 257 Rigby. And since he now has his 257 Rigby he can't stop there, his 257 needs friends, lots of friends like a:
375H&H, in a Rigby or Holland & Holland
30-06, in a Rigby or at least Winchester Mod 70
35 Whelen (can't leave one of our most esteemed member @Bob Whelen 35 Whelen) off the list, 416 Rigby in a DR,
338WM, in a Winchester Mod 70
458WM or Lott
45-70 Government
7mm Rem Mag or at least 270 for flatter trajectory at long distance shots
222 or 22 magnum for the really small stuff
12 gauge O/U or SxS, okay in 20 gauge maybe

@ spiket have you no shame, @gearguywb a newbie comes to us for real support. How dare you only offer him sympathy support.

:E Rofl::E Rofl::E Rofl:

After gg returns and post his hunt report with pictures as he lays in bed all warm and fuzzy hugging his 257 Rigby at night more than his wife or girlfriend whichever, then we plant the idea he needs to go after DG and really needs more, bigger Rigbys to fondle adding in a diverse mix of Winchesters. Maybe try interracial with an R8.

(Oops,.... I said 2 naughty words in the same sentence, R8, hope I didn't offend anyone).:ROFLMAO:

A 257 rigby......WTF...........................

There is one in Moscow that costs about 25 thousand for your money.

An interesting option (although I will have to sell the apartment, I'm afraid my wife will be against it).

I have two suggested solutions. #1: Find yourself a rich widow. Preferably one whose boobs and butt aren't hitting her knees.

#2 Build your own African gun. Rigby was just a man like you and me. If he could make a Mauser into a work of art, so can you. Last year I turned this broken stock donor military Czech 8mm Mauser rifle
20230509_153919.jpg

into this 404 Jeffery.
20240420_112851.jpg

Me: Retired Army, founding member of the Action Pistol Team, shot competitively for a living for many years. Love cool guns, and by cool I mean accurate, fast, great ergonomics etc.

My current lust is a Rigby 275 (7x57). Out of my price range.

Please tell me I am an idiot and stop looking at such things.

:)
@gearguywb
Ok your an idiot.
But seriously looking doesn't cost anything, dreams are free but a Rigby ain't cheap. If'n y'all want one bad enough you will find a way of having one.
Problem is when you get it you still won't be happy because you will then want a nice double.
And the cycle begins.
Bob

If you are looking for fast, accurate and great ergonomics...take a look at the Blaser R8.

I'll throw in the fact that they have great triggers, incredible engineering design and have multiple caliber options using the same stock. Of course, everything has it's price as well.

BTW - You don't have a problem that can't be solved by the helpful enablers of Africa Hunting. Welcome to the forum.
@BeeMaa
Mate may I remind you he is looking at CLASS not plastic fantastic Barbie rifle. If'n he wants a plastic I will send him ten bucks so he can go to Wal-Mart and by a Barbie.
@gearguywb is a man with class and fine tastes.Why oh why would he want plastic instead of blued steel and fine timber.
Bob

Me: Retired Army, founding member of the Action Pistol Team, shot competitively for a living for many years. Love cool guns, and by cool I mean accurate, fast, great ergonomics etc.

My current lust is a Rigby 275 (7x57). Out of my price range.

Please tell me I am an idiot and stop looking at such things.

:)
If you are looking for a Rigby 275 you should look at the U.K. auction houses. Rigby’s do come up for sale frequently.
But don’t overlook a TT Proctor or Ron Wharton 275 either. They both built nice rifles.
Holts and Southams are 2 places to start looking. They can both arrange shipping for you.

@BeeMaa
Mate may I remind you he is looking at CLASS not plastic fantastic Barbie rifle. If'n he wants a plastic I will send him ten bucks so he can go to Wal-Mart and by a Barbie.
@gearguywb is a man with class and fine tastes.Why oh why would he want plastic instead of blued steel and fine timber.
Bob
Good luck buying even 5 cartridges for my beautiful Barbie with 10 quid. :ROFLMAO:

@gearguywb
Ok your an idiot.
But seriously looking doesn't cost anything, dreams are free but a Rigby ain't cheap. If'n y'all want one bad enough you will find a way of having one.
Problem is when you get it you still won't be happy because you will then want a nice double.
And the cycle begins.
Bob

And the cycle begins.

Geez, @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, what a buzz kill. Here a member has come seeking help as to how he can personally justify investing in a Rigby rifle of his dreams and you want to turn him away. :cool::LOL:

@ gearguywb is really asking us to talk him into purchasing the rifle of his dreams. Otherwise he would not have asked the members on AH to talk him out of his dream 275 Rigby rifle.

@gearguywb, has admitted he is already a firearms addic. For him and most of the members here on AH the cycle is never ending. (empty pockets emoji)

We must have an interdiction to help console and convince @gearguywb, he can realize his dream. To further aid him in his endeavor we must first convince him it is the perfect firearm and caliber for hunting African PG, Argentina and Romanian Red Stag, along with Fallow Deer, Russian Boar, hunting New Zealand and Australia.

Then we follow up on the various means he can afford the first Rigby rifle of his dreams by opening a secret savings account, putting his second and third paychecks into that account, and praying his wife doesn't find out about it. Or how to get insider tips on the stock market (OK, maybe scratch this idea as being illegal ).

Then secondly, we can further assist @gearguywb, on his reasonings for buying: a DR (or 3), a Combination gun, and a Drilling, and why he should sell one of his kidneys, and /or his body to a body farm, and how he needs to hunt more animals and in more countries with these new firearms.

Last edited:
I have two suggested solutions. #1: Find yourself a rich widow. Preferably one whose boobs and butt aren't hitting her knees.

#2 Build your own African gun. Rigby was just a man like you and me. If he could make a Mauser into a work of art, so can you. Last year I turned this broken stock donor military Czech 8mm Mauser rifle
View attachment 608095
into this 404 Jeffery.
View attachment 608091
Nice looking rifle but that one piece base and white line spacer would have to go.

Why not a matched pair of Highland Stalkers in .275 and 9.3x62? Am I helping?
Hey my wife has those! She even let's me borrow them;)

Nice looking rifle but that one piece base and white line spacer would have to go.
When I bought this donor rifle the action was already tapped for one piece base (i.e. three holes). And this base is very low which works perfectly with low Warne QD rings and 30mm 1-4x scope. I can acquire either scope or iron sights instantly on mounting the gun. A trap shotgun recoil pad came mounted (very poorly) on this used stock I picked up a few months ago. The previous owner had painted the white line black. I left the pad on while refinishing the stock (standard practice) and the white line reappeared. Its concave design seems to capture my shoulder nicely. And the thickness is exactly what I need for proper LOP. So I left it on. I may change the pad someday. But it works well for now so I'm in no rush. Anyway, those two features give my rifle a proprietary appearance ... without stepping into the realm of bizarre (e.g. camo synthetic stock).

Not enough money for guns is a problem!

That's Blasphemy!
Maybe not enough money for a multiple gun purchase at one time. But if you save your pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters, work 3 jobs instead of just one well paying job, sell a kidney and a few pints of blood I'm pretty sure, According to A Friend, you can save up enough money to purchase 2 or maybe 3 classic Rigbys or Heyms. Then sell your body to a body farm to hunt Africa with your newly purchased firearms.

There problem.......temporarily solved. Keep the 3 jobs as you will need to save those other 2 paychecks to purchase additional ammo, reloading equipment and supplies, and more firearms.

Glad to help fellow a AH member.

Good luck buying even 5 cartridges for my beautiful Barbie with 10 quid. :ROFLMAO:
@BeeMaa
Barbie is an anorexic big boobed doll that is all out of proportion to a real person.
You know a bit like your R8 blah zer compared to a classic timber and steel Rigby.
I would let your R8 plastic starve and save the money for a real rifle
I wouldn't waste my 10 bucks feeding it. Let it starve and die a natural plastic death.
Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob

Geez, @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, what a buzz kill. Here a member has come seeking help as to how he can personally justify investing in a Rigby rifle of his dreams and you want to turn him away. :cool::LOL:

@ gearguywb is really asking us to talk him into purchasing the rifle of his dreams. Otherwise he would not have asked the members on AH to talk him out of his dream 275 Rigby rifle.

@gearguywb, has admitted he is already a firearms addic. For him and most of the members here on AH the cycle is never ending. (empty pockets emoji)

We must have an interdiction to help console and convince @gearguywb, he can realize his dream. To further aid him in his endeavor we must first convince him it is the perfect firearm and caliber for hunting African PG, Argentina and Romanian Red Stag, along with Fallow Deer, Russian Boar, hunting New Zealand and Australia.

Then we follow up on the various means he can afford the first Rigby rifle of his dreams by opening a secret savings account, putting his second and third paychecks into that account, and praying his wife doesn't find out about it. Or how to get insider tips on the stock market (OK, maybe scratch this idea as being illegal ).

Then secondly, we can further assist @gearguywb, on his reasonings for buying: a DR (or 3), a Combination gun, and a Drilling, and why he should sell one of his kidneys, and /or his body to a body farm, and how he needs to hunt more animals and in more countries with these new firearms.
@Ridge Runner
Definitely not trying to diswade @gearguywb from a lovely Rigby. If he really wants one I'm sure he could follow your suggestions or sell a few that he doesn't want.
I tried selling my body but no one was interested in it as it was to worn out and what parts could be recycled were if no use anyway.
I'm sure he will realise his dream and I can see him in his twilight years sitting in front of a nice log fire holding his well worn Rigby, sipping in a fine brandy remembering all the hunts he has done.
Far better option than sitting on the front stoop with a beer wondering what if.
He SHOULD BUY IT and enjoy. NOT leave it and regret it
Bob

@BeeMaa
Barbie is an anorexic big boobed doll that is all out of proportion to a real person.
You know a bit like your R8 blah zer compared to a classic timber and steel Rigby.
I would let your R8 plastic starve and save the money for a real rifle
I wouldn't waste my 10 bucks feeding it. Let it starve and die a natural plastic death.
Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob
Jealousy shows it head in mysterious ways. You must really be in love with my rifle.

I suggest you start out with a used one first, then work your way up with a few barrels before popping off with a Kilombero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielSide

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone