AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
1695584239135.jpeg

1695584260902.jpeg

My favorite medium caliber
Custom Dorleac&Dorleac Technical rifle in 300 weatherby made by my brother Joel Dorleac.
The gun that aloud me to shoot Marco Polo at 645m, croc, leopard, red deer, mouflon, tones of plains game… everything was down in less then 20 m
Unfortunately it’s my son gun now… afther he shot a huge kudu bull and an oryx bull at 270m at only 13 years…

View attachment 559502

View attachment 559503

My favorite medium caliber
Custom Dorleac&Dorleac Technical rifle in 300 weatherby made by my brother Joel Dorleac.
The gun that aloud me to shoot Marco Polo at 645m, croc, leopard, red deer, mouflon, tones of plains game… everything was down in less then 20 m
Unfortunately it’s my son gun now… afther he shot a huge kudu bull and an oryx bull at 270m at only 13 years…
Nice rifle. How does the "can" work.
I'm not up to speed on these. Lower velocity, how much sound suppression, accuracy?

Bet it is interesting for the tracker and PH when that thing goes off with the muzzle brake mounted. Does it have a cap for hunting without the brake or can?

Nice rifle. How does the "can" work.
I'm not up to speed on these. Lower velocity, how much sound suppression, accuracy?
With the can it’s like a 22lr as noise and recoil.
Precision? I can put 3 bulets in a 3 cm circle at 300 m. For me is enough.
I had never mesured speed and pression.
Off course there is a difference when shooting with the muzl3brake. 20 cm lower with the silencer.

Last edited:
I have seen several rifles your brother has made. He is a true artist!

My allround is a máuser M12 in 338wm with a Leica 1.5-10x42
@homeless
As good as the little 338WM is supposed to be I will stick with my 35 Whelen at the same velocities as the little 338.
If I want more oomph a 310gn Woodleigh RNSP or solid at 2,455fps should get the job done on bigger stuff at closer ranges.
For reach out and smack em down the 225gn Woodleigh or accubond at 2,900fps is plenty good enough.
Weight range from 180gn to 310gn covers everything from mouse to as big as I want to hunt.
Bob
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liujinyue826

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.