Management Elephant Bull Hunt In The Caprivi Namibia 2023

I am just a dumb farm boy, but I will be sozzled if I can imagine why I would pay the big end of $20k to shoot an animal that I can not bring the trophy home.
Bring your abuse, tell me what a troglodyte I am, but I just truly don't get it.
If I can't eat it, I AT LEAST want to be able to look at it.
Did you read the offer?
Are you bored?
You can eat as much as you can....
These hunts are management hunts you can upgrade and export if you wish....
All about sustainable utilisation and conservation .....

Fark, the Selous Game Reserve is in Southeast Tanzania. Matabeleland is in western Zimbabwe.
I was at a lease that borders the Selous in Matabeleland, that's why I thought it might be the same place,I didn`t know you were in Tanzania,my bad.

Were you able to bring some tail hair back in the form of bracelets?
It would have been a big risk getting caught with anything,no matter how small or innocuous.The fines are pretty severe if caught.Having said that, I pretty much just walked through customs at my home airport .I could have been carrying a bag full of powdered rhino horn,no one checked. I did however,through no fault of my own make a booboo. In my absent minded way, I forgot about the rules and I totally and completely and unthinkingly accidentally wore my elephant hide Courteneys home. I feel terrible about keeping the beautiful boots I wore on my ele hunt. I feel even terribler that I get to continue wearing them and looking at them and loving them every single day. I feel terriblest of all when I show them to my hunting mates who call me very uncomplimentary words because I have them and they don't. I have three mates that each want me to leave the boots to them in my will. Curiously,each of them have taken to checking my pulse and regularly ask me about the state my health. Even more curioser,they`ve all chipped in the cost and have generously offered to pay for me to go skydiving,even though I have never shown any interest in it, and have even volunteered to pack my parachute for me. Those guys are swell.

Every time I go to Zim/Zambia, I bring home Elephant Hair Bracelets (No not Giraffe) in my carry on and never had a problem

That sounds like the perfect way to do it if you can`t afford a real rhino hunt. Good for you.

Every time I go to Zim/Zambia, I bring home Elephant Hair Bracelets (No not Giraffe) in my carry on and never had a problem
The bracelets don`t really stand out as being something that would catch the eye of a customs agent.I wouldn`t do it myself,the risk seems far greater than the reward. Besides,I`m happy enough with my elephant hide boots not attracting attention.

The bracelets don`t really stand out as being something that would catch the eye of a customs agent.I wouldn`t do it myself,the risk seems far greater than the reward. Besides,I`m happy enough with my elephant hide boots not attracting attention.
Yes, you have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

If I ever encounter a problem, they would immediately become, "Giraffe Hair Bracelets"

I would think that the worst that can happen is that they take them

To each his own

Yes, you have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

If I ever encounter a problem, they would immediately become, "Giraffe Hair Bracelets"

I would think that the worst that can happen is that they take them

To each his own
Even though giraffe cull hunts are available,CITES listed them. Australia now bans giraffe parts,might want to say its a kudu bracelet.

Even though giraffe cull hunts are available,CITES listed them. Australia now bans giraffe parts,might want to say its a kudu bracelet.
I'll be bringing more home in November

I am just a dumb farm boy, but I will be sozzled if I can imagine why I would pay the big end of $20k to shoot an animal that I can not bring the trophy home.
Bring your abuse, tell me what a troglodyte I am, but I just truly don't get it.
If I can't eat it, I AT LEAST want to be able to look at it.
It's all about the hunt. If you want memories, buy a camera.

Congratulations on your elephant hunt.
It must be fun to hunt with Karl.
I have heard so much about him.

@davetexas the replicas are great !

By the way, if someone disagrees , it's not a bad thing.

Stop being such a vagina. ;)
That`s what my hunting mates call me for having the Courteney boots. Of course they use a word that means vagina,but isn`t used in church.

Then pony up a bit more and do one of the other two options he offers…This is a great opportunity to help with conservation and take home a lifetime of memories AS WELL AS the option to pay more and “be able to look at it.”

For what its worth - My framed pictures on the walls get a more nostalgic nod in capturing the memory than my mounts decorating my walls…
What he said. Just sayin`.......

I hunted a management bull with Karl in 2021. Highly recommend!! I had a set of replica tusks made for $600 in Africa. Except for the weight you can't tell them apart. Zero regrets......
I just completed a management hunt with Zana Botes in the Caprivi. I am also looking at getting replicas made by Kings Taxidermy as they already have some work going for me from a hunt earlier this year.

I just completed a management hunt with Zana Botes in the Caprivi. I am also looking at getting replicas made by Kings Taxidermy as they already have some work going for me from a hunt earlier this year.
I would also be interested in this. My ph from Ndomu safari told me I could not get it done for a management elephant

I would also be interested in this. My ph from Ndomu safari told me I could not get it done for a management elephant
Hi Frederik, I will be in touch via email about this.

Hi Frederik, I will be in touch via email about this.
It is certainly permissible to have replicas made of non-export elephant tusks. It is possible that the PH misunderstood you, and if that is the case I apologize on behalf of Ndumo Safaris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)