Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
A group of more than fifty community leaders, representing millions of people across southern Africa, have urged UK-based celebrities to stop using their influence to undermine the human rights of impoverished people and jeopardise wildlife conservation in the region.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.49.40 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They did decide...to close their borders and cancel hunting
Let's see how that works out for them???
Just my Two cents + $10K Deposit + $6K Delta tickets = 2021 Buffalo Dream

... and so did Alaska; a spring black bear hunt on Prince of Wales Island and a fall moose and brown bear hunt. All those get moved to 2022 for me.

Hang in there my friend. Good Days will outnumber bad days.

Just in case there might be some confusion over the title of the video. The video is about letting Africans decide their own conservation plan and not animal rights groups in North America and Europe.

It's a mixed bag--yes, for CAMPFIRE areas and the like, a big NO for corrupt governmental policies.

Fred not sure what your getting at....every country on the planet closed their borders one way or another..Zambia probably least and shortest of any....but it's not about that...unfortunately OP didn't put on more explanatory header....I was going to post it but with different header...this is about telling these "celebrities " to stop doing what they are doing to try and stop hunting...and let the people/ countries in africa get on with doing a good job ,without these clueless people destroying all that's been done....its non of their business or anything to do with them....and they shouldn't be allowed to dictate wildlife policy to countries and people here....fact....

Possibly the best video to counter the do gooders that I have seen.

I know you use/will use it in your classes @Jfet (y) .

Now to get the video to run after every celebrity speaks up.

Dont know how it works.. but is it possible to put it on all these "celebrities "Facebook pages where they going on about it and the other social media where these clueless antis post ...as I said that sort of thing I haven't a clue about...

unfortunately OP didn't put on more explanatory header
Yes, I should have put more of an explanatory header. As I look back it is easy to see how "Let Africans Decide Open Letter" can quickly be read as "let Africans decide to open" and if you read it the wrong way it does reopen some emotional scars from postponed and cancel hunts for this year. Two of mine have been postponed.

The video is a wonderful response to the elite of 1st world countries that are trying to dictate to African countries on how to conserve their wildlife. It is my opinion that the people that live with the wildlife need to determine how manage the wildlife.

I have had a former student who has become very involved in the rescue of big cats, tigers and lions, here in the U. S. watch this video through facebook. She told me it was very eye opening and had no idea of the relationship between lions, leopards and humans in Africa. She has shared it on her facebook page and the video will continue to reach people in the U. S. that have no idea. It is a very good tool.

It is so humorous to see all these “celebrities” and “spokespeople” of the nations tell a continent how they ought to manage their resources. I am sure they would be just as reasonable if all of Africa told them they should shut their pubs and entertainment businesses because Africa cannot condone drunken, useless individuals.

Powerful video. It needs to be seen and understood by those on the outside looking in trying to change what they don’t understand.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that celebs and all these “important” people seldom admit any wrong doing. Therefore even if they “get it”, they’re more likely to back into the shadows and disappear rather than admit it and use their celebrity to advocate in favor.

The Hollywood celebs are notoriously uneducated as a whole, actually one of the least formally educated demographics averaged together--why anyone thinks their opinions amount to much is beyond me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KieraVazqu

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.