Laminated wood rifle stocks

I can recommend the laminated stocks from Boyd's.

+1

I've got 3 rifles wearing Boyd's laminates in my safe.. I like them quite a bit...

the stock on my Sako 85S is factory laminated and it works fine.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.
Ive got a few of laminate and English walnut. Definitely easier to swallow a scratch on the laminate

Have 2 Boyds and happy with them..Only difference is they are heavier..

Couple of my posting for Boyd's gun stocks has you thinking.
Go with the thumbhole stocks. Don't forget your LOP!

I have five rifles with laminated stocks and I like them all. Not saying they are USA stocks just that I like them!

Three of my Rugers have the factory laminated stocks and I like them a lot. These are a bit heavier, but they are also stronger.

Boyds is probably the best known after-market stock provider. Another one that I've looked at for years is Richards: http://rifle-stocks.com/ Lots of options, styles, colors, etc. They also make unfinished wood stocks at reasonable prices.

Received the stock yesterday. Looks great. Checking fit today and once complete rifle is heading to my local Cerakote dealer.

IMG_1793.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 180
All finished up used a USA rifle stock,Cerakote on the stainless and installed a Timney trigger. 270 WSM Ruger looking and shooting sharp!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….