It took me a while, but I finally finished it!

@Milo , where did you get your fulvous whistling duck? Congratulations on a great accomplishment, I need a king eider , Barrow’s goldeneye and the fulvous.

@Milo , where did you get your fulvous whistling duck? Congratulations on a great accomplishment, I need a king eider , Barrow’s goldeneye and the fulvous.

I cheated on the Fulvous - Argentina. Also shot a whiteface whistling duck there. Your best bet will be Florida.

Barrows is easy in Alaska and not too difficult in the Pacific Northwest.
King actually isn't hard either if you just get the weather to hunt. However, you're going to be 10K+ into it for St. Paul Island and I suspect Greenland will be the same.

Where did you get a harlequin, but not end up with a barrows? Washington before they locked it down?

Getting the fulvous and whistling ducks isn't easy. Without some luck, it could be multiple trips.

My harlequin came from Humboldt bay in Northern California, on that trip I also checked off pacific brant and common merganser.
On that trip there was a chance to take a couple of vagrants at the time, Eurasian widgeon and common teal. We saw several of each but couldn’t quite get shots. From what I understand from my friend that still lives there bottle Eurasian teal and widgeon are fairly common now.

I actually have a fulvous on a pond about 5 miles from my house. It’s mixed in with a flock of black bellied WD we have them show up every few years. Hopefully they will build up like the black bellies have. I live in coastal Alabama.

Did you draw the emperor tag? That is pretty amazing!

Congratulations on a very special accomplishment- and sounds like you went about it with the perfect mindset. Well done!

Alaska resident. No draw for emporer.
I was an Alaska resident for about 15 years and didn't really get interested in the 41 until AFTER I moved away. My first bird in Alaska was actually a tundra swan but I didn't chase the emperor, harlequin, king eider, etc while living there. Timing was off for me but that's why I probably won't be able to finish it without committing Africa safari type $ and time.

And then there was none.
Just finished the North American 41 with a Ross Goose during the South Dakota spring conservation season. A bit melancholy, but also very satisfying.
View attachment 597778
Congrats! It is an odd feeling though, isn't it?

Congrats! It is an odd feeling though, isn't it?
It is, but it definitely takes the pressure off. Now I will just hunt for fun without having to think about having a goal.

It is, but it definitely takes the pressure off. Now I will just hunt for fun without having to think about having a goal.
Me too!

WELL DONE. CONGRATS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeraAllwoo

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.