Is it disrespectful to the animal?

Theres some good posts on here! Rather enjoyed the last 3 pages and had a good laugh.
Ive used a few of my fallow heads to run past the window so only the antlers are showing whilst wife films from inside saying something like look reindeer’s Santa must be here. Then send it off to the nieces and nephews.
Mind you if anyone out there’s got a l sized elephant mount id pay good money to see a Rudolph nose on it :unsure: :A Stirring::ROFLMAO:

I am reminded of the Idaho fish and game officer that lost his job for shooting a bunch of baboons and posing them for a “family”picture.

I have always liked the tradition of placing a bit of foliage in the mouth of the game and the hat of the hunter. It requires the hunter to think about and show respect for his game on some level
Yet I sometimes forget to do that

Did Dakota Taxidermy mount the Rhino for you? The reason why I asked is they mounted one for a person from Minnesota and it looks just like the one you've got.
No, Wild Images in Motion.

I don't think it is disrespectful. The mount is an ornament or decoration.

You see it as more than that and it's your trophy you should have pride in it.

I hate it but my wife and kids think putting a Santa hat on a cougar is the best thing that ever happened to a cat dead or alive.
I’ve always hated when hunters sit or stand on dead animals. But I’ll allow as to each their own, we don’t all perceive things the same way
I've seen a few cougars in the wild wearing just a Santa Hat and have to disagree with you. It's definitely one of the best things :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3698.jpeg

My Mum is Scottish and she is in charge of Christmas decorations…..I couldn’t stop her if I tried.

I think it is all just fun, sort of brings all the animal memories back into special focus at a special time. Heck how about a Christmas tree decorated with empty brass and shotgun shells? You get some nice coloured ones these days.

It’s all is good fun. No one finds is disrespectful to step in poop in leather mocassins or fill fine purses with tampons . . . Why would it be disrespectful to put a hat on a piece of animal hide hung over foam (While celebrating Jesus lol). We’ve got to not take ourselves so seriously.

IMG_0194.jpeg

I take my hunting pretty seriously, so no Christmas ornament's for me. But if someone else wishes to do so fine with me. ‘‘Tis the season to be jolly.“ And good will toward all.

So every year for Christmas my wife decorates up the house. Part of her annual ritual is "decorating" my mounted heads. They typically get Santa hats, scarfs, ornaments from the antlers etc. I have always felt inside that it was disrespectful to the animal but I have never said anything to her.
Am I warranted in feeling this way or am I overthinking it?
Migrabill, it is Not my personal taste so I don’t do it but it doesn’t offend me when I see it. Since I know one Hunter who’s Wife does Not “allow” any of his taxidermy in the house (must remain in his work office building) - consider yourself Lucky and allow her to decorate as she pleases.

It’s all is good fun. No one finds is disrespectful to step in poop in leather mocassins or fill fine purses with tampons . . . Why would it be disrespectful to put a hat on a piece of animal hide hung over foam (While celebrating Jesus lol). We’ve got to not take ourselves so seriously.

View attachment 574964
AES, “poop & tampons”? How did you connect Poop & Tampons to the OPs question - about holiday decorations on taxidermy? Do you hand TMpons on your Christmas tree? I’m missing something so fill us All in!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BriannaBla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)