Is it disrespectful to the animal?

AES, “poop & tampons”? How did you connect Poop & Tampons to the OPs question - about holiday decorations on taxidermy? Do you hand TMpons on your Christmas tree? I’m missing something so fill us All in!!
He's connecting them via the leather/animal hide they're made of since they were once animals

While I've never decorated them myself, the GF used to put hats, bows and Christmas balls on my mounts every year. First time she did it, seemed off to me, but then I figured it wasn't a big deal. My biggest concern was her falling off the chair she used to do it, or worse, knocking one off the wall.

Thought this might fit here. As has been said, "To each his own"....

1703185699628.png

Overthinking it , as long the lovely wife keeps allowing you to go and get animals to put on the wall then let her have a her once a year fun. (y):A Thumbs Up:
My wife Fiancé does the same thing, and I feel the same way. She let's me put stuff on the walls, how am I going to say "no".

My lodge owner's wife once asked why I'm not smiling in any of the posed trophy photos. My answer: one of God's beautiful creatures just died. Not sure that is a reason to be happy. I'm hoping no one will be happy when I pass.

I can totally understand.
In my my area growing up i never heard soneone cheer or jump around after killing an animal.

Some videos i see it really seems strange to me to see.

On certain animals i am used to holding a moment of silence, inner peace and upmost respect.
So far that even freinds who heard the shot and are sure somone had succes wait a certain time in distance to give the hunter and its game a moment for their own.

But whatever floats your boat.
I am not to judge and wont. Some cultures are just different and every familiy has their own way of handling things

I have exactly one animal currently in a wall, nothing extraordinary. It's a small-ish bear rug. It's the 2nd bear I took. The 1st one, I didn't give my thanks for giving up his life for me. The hide was mutilated by the processor. Ever since I have always given my thank you and respect immediately after tracking and recovering the bear, deer, whatever animal has died by my hands.
As an FYI, there is another bear at the taxidermist right now. It's my only color phase black bear. He will go on the wall.
All of the other hides, skulls and fat have been donated to the local First Nation people where I hunted.

He's connecting them via the leather/animal hide they're made of since they were once animals
Wait ... furry leather tampons? I have yet to run one through a spectrograph for analysis but I'm pretty sure they are 100% vegetable matter. Someone please check ingredients on the box. I'm not comfortable grabbing one off the shelf to look. Or go ask the gal at checkout what's in the box. Yes, please do that for me. Inquiring minds need to know. :D

As a general rule my wife knows I'm not keen on putting anything on my mounts BUT!, I do let her hang a Christmas ball ornament from a horn or antler here and there and yes a Santa hat for the bobcat.

You had your fun hunting them, let her have a little inexpensive fun once a year dressing them up. Accept the fact that they have become "part of the family" and have to put up with a little fun during the holidays.
if she didn't love them a little, she wouldn't doll them up for the holiday. Women express things differently than we do.

Christmas paraphernalia can live among my trophies but not on them. My late wife and I made the Santa our second Christmas together. Mom bought the tacky little dust catchers. I have boxes of that stuff that she sent over the years. It was always a source of amusement opening her presents. "Where does she find this stuff?" But they were tokens of love during the season of love. Endure with love. I miss them both.
20231228_110904.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BriannaBla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)