Instagram "influencer" facing 19 charges hunting in The Yukon

serdog

AH member
Reaction score
Seems Mr. Adventure lied to get a resident hunting licence and then killed 3 bears in a week
An outdoor social media influencer with millions of followers is accused of lying to obtain a Yukon hunting licence, going on a hunting spree and illegally killing several bears over a single week, according to court documents.

Tristan James Hamm, who goes by "Mr. Adventure" on Instagram, describes himself as an outdoor connoisseur, animal lover, adventure athlete and entrepreneur.

from a brief look on google it appears that Mr. Hamm is based in LA which means he would require the services of a guide/outfitter he seem to have a big following on Instagram

Attachments

• Instagram's 'Mr. Adventure' accused of illegally killing bears in Yukon | CBC News.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Seems Mr. Adventure lied to get a resident hunting licence and then killed 3 bears in a week

from a brief look on google it appears that Mr. Hamm is based in LA which means he would require the services of a guide/outfitter he seem to have a big following on Instagram
This just makes my heart sick. As far as I know, I wasn't following him on IG and he wasn't following me so I don't know of him. BUT this just gives antis more fuel for the fire...and looks bad for all hunters, especially since he apparently advocates for ethical hunting, etc. Even if he is found to be innocent, the damage is done.

Lock his sorry criminal butt up and revoke his hunting privileges for life. Hopefully, his felonies in Canada will follow him to the States.

Let's see first how things work out. You never know these days with the mainstream media. Probably not the full story yet so let's not jump to conclusions until more information comes out.

The wording also in the article. A hunting spree, hope they don't read our hunt reports :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of the guy so I googled him. His bio says he was born in Canada and lives in Whitehorse. That would make him a resident, but still can’t shoot 3 bears a few days/weeks apart.

I’ve never heard of the guy so I googled him. His bio says he was born in Canada and lives in Whitehorse. That would make him a resident, but still can’t shoot 3 bears a few days/weeks apart.
Residents are allowed 2 Black Bears a year and 1 Gizz every 3 years.
The issue if he lied about being a resident and also export without a permit. Note that residency requires 12 month before getting a licence . It could be an honest mistake for sure but you have to sign a lot of paper working declaring your residencey

CBC leans left. The article quotes a tree hugger. I'll wait until all the facts are out.

Here's another mass media hysteria, drama queen article on really old news, CWD in cervids only now it's the "ZOMBIE" disease. It never ends. The news media and six bits are good for a cup o' joe at the local quickie mart.

Note both feeds are from MSN, aka leftist central.

Residents are allowed 2 Black Bears a year and 1 Gizz every 3 years.
The issue if he lied about being a resident and also export without a permit. Note that residency requires 12 month before getting a licence . It could be an honest mistake for sure but you have to sign a lot of paper working declaring your residencey

Could be a Canadian Citizen. But that only gets you close.
You are also required to be IN the Yukon for 185 days in the past 12 months.
Which could be the sticking point and how they might be investigating him.

https://yukon.ca/sites/yukon.ca/fil...on-applies-yukon-resident-hunting-licence.pdf

If he is the poacher they claim he is, he'll be in a world of hurt.

Attachments

• env-declaration-application-person-applies-yukon-resident-hunting-licence.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
You never know what to believe nowadays,........but one thing's for sure, if I have to keep hearing the adjective "influencer" when referring to some internet weirdo I may just lose my mind. Nothing like a dipshit with a camera.

Let's see first how things work out. You never know these days with the mainstream media. Probably not the full story yet so let's not jump to conclusions until more information comes out.

The wording also in the article. A hunting spree, hope they don't read our hunt reports :ROFLMAO:
we ll see for sure but there is some serious federal offences under Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act and Canada Wildlife Act so even if the license charges was to be removed those ones will harder to fight once proved ...

Could be a Canadian Citizen. But that only gets you close.
You are also required to be IN the Yukon for 185 days in the past 12 months.
Which could be the sticking point and how they might be investigating him.

https://yukon.ca/sites/yukon.ca/fil...on-applies-yukon-resident-hunting-licence.pdf

If he is the poacher they claim he is, he'll be in a world of hurt.
what is not stated in the form is that you can be away for reasons like, studies, works or health not vacation but not more than 6 months ...

You never know what to believe nowadays,........but one thing's for sure, if I have to keep hearing the adjective "influencer" when referring to some internet weirdo I may just lose my mind. Nothing like a dipshit with a camera.
I like that new Acronym "DSWC"

In reality the diagnosis: 301.81.

it is 2 black bears for spring and fall and a grizzly every 3 years here
I’m going to reserve judgment. It could be some hyper technical deal in conjunction with over zealous prosecution.

The story is pretty thin on actual facts.
it is always hard for sure and certainly technical but with the 19 charges including some federal ones he is in hot water ...

it is 2 black bears for spring and fall and a grizzly every 3 years here

it is always hard for sure and certainly technical but with the 19 charges including some federal ones he is in hot water ...

Almost as many charges as Trump is facing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CortneyVan

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone