Hello all!

Your cartridge release button (cartridge stop - #29 in image below) appears to be missing.

View attachment 600173
View attachment 600174

The stock has also been altered significantly.

Logical options would be to restore to original specifications (stock may be difficult to obtain), further 'sporterize' it to your own preferences, or enjoy shooting 'as is' (are there any sights on it?).

Regardless, get a box of proper fitting cartridges, take her out and shoot her, You may find yourself to be a lifelong MS fan thereafter.
You stated that the "cartridge release button" is missing. Can you higlight in my pictures where that part SHOULD be?

You stated that the "cartridge release button" is missing. Can you higlight in my pictures where that part SHOULD be?

Image from post 14 above:
Z XXX.jpg

This should not be an open hole (the small oval opening along right side rail):
Z XXX 02.jpg

It should be filled by the cartridge release button, a part of the cartridge stop:
MS Mag Release.jpg

When cartridge release button is pressed, any cartridges loaded in the spool of Otto Schoenauer's rotary magazine will eject, tumbling outward. Have you tried loading the MS?

Here is proper function of the cartridge release:

Greetings PastorTaz,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Good luck with your rifle.
Mannlicher-Shoenauer rifles are fascinating.
If only they could talk, what stories they would tell.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)