Gunsmithing Machinery & Gauges

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Two Vertical belt sanders. Perfect for grinding gunsmith's pads, knife work, and other gunsmithing activities. Includes extra belts, just don't have the space for it. They are heavy, so shipping is going to be brutal. $350 delivered provided that I can find shipping not to exceed half that cost. American made. From the estate of a known gunsmith that was a contributor to the Shooter's Bible and Shooter's Digest every year. In fact, almost all of these tools were from his gunsmithing shop.

Paypal F&F, Venmo, or Zelle gratefully preferred, personal check results in delayed shipping until clear.

IMG_0469.JPG

First two: a 0" to 1" and 1" to 2" Mitatoya Caliper set. $180 for the pair.
IMG_0460 2.JPG
IMG_0462 4.JPG

Federal Dial Indicator Read out gauge, $30

IMG_0461 4.JPG

Two Federal Read Out Gauges. One has a loose lens, might be easy to fix. $30 for the pair.

IMG_0464 2.JPG

Starrett Caliper, 14.5" size, Like new. $100

IMG_0467 2.JPG

Another caliper for 0" to 1". $35
IMG_0468 2.JPG

I will take the read out federal gauge. Pay pal. The one in the
1712429425763.jpeg
1712429425763.jpeg

Last edited:
Rookhawk is as we know a solid upstanding member.
This guy is not
IMG_2306.png
in Response to my I will take it this new member tried to devert the deal to the number above. I'm certainly not going stand bye and let this punk get away with it.

Rookhawk is as we know a solid upstanding member.
This guy is notView attachment 597705in Response to my I will take it this new member tried to devert the deal to the number above. I'm certainly not going stand bye and let this punk get away with it.

Indeed. That is not me. Just a garden variety scammer. @AfricaHunting.com and @BRICKBURN can you ban this guy, or hurt him real bad if permitted in your jurisdiction?

Wow, these jokers are brazen! I wish we could send a magnetic pulse through the system!

Same kind of scam that was pulled on a member buying from me.

@Boone66 sent me a DM asking if the Federal Dial Indicators above are still available. Yes, it’s two of them for $30 plus $17 Fedex. The PM received said I could no longer respond, so I’m unsure if there is a technical glitch, or if Mr Boone66 is a now banned scammer? TBD.

@Boone66 sent me a DM asking if the Federal Dial Indicators above are still available. Yes, it’s two of them for $30 plus $17 Fedex. The PM received said I could no longer respond, so I’m unsure if there is a technical glitch, or if Mr Boone66 is a now banned scammer? TBD.
I don't know why I would be banned, or what the glitch is. Anyway, I would like the dial indicators, when this is figured out, let me know how to pay for them.

I don't know why I would be banned, or what the glitch is. Anyway, I would like the dial indicators, when this is figured out, let me know how to pay for them.

Sold Pending funds to @Boone66

I’ll send you a PM to discuss payment and ship on the pair of Federal Dial Indicators.

What remains is below. Fred and Boone’s items packed for shipping.
Two Vertical belt sanders. Perfect for grinding gunsmith's pads, knife work, and other gunsmithing activities. Includes extra belts, just don't have the space for it. They are heavy, so shipping is going to be brutal. $350 delivered provided that I can find shipping not to exceed half that cost. American made. From the estate of a known gunsmith that was a contributor to the Shooter's Bible and Shooter's Digest every year. In fact, almost all of these tools were from his gunsmithing shop.

Paypal F&F, Venmo, or Zelle gratefully preferred, personal check results in delayed shipping until clear.

View attachment 597672

First two: a 0" to 1" and 1" to 2" Mitatoya Caliper set. $180 for the pair.View attachment 597673View attachment 597674

View attachment 597677

Another caliper for 0" to 1". $35
View attachment 597678

Pair of Sanders for stocks / small parts, reduced to $275
1712860540487.png

First two: a 0" to 1" and 1" to 2" Mitotoya Caliper set. Reduced to $160 for the pair.View attachment 597673View attachment 597674

Starrett 14.5" Caliper, Like new. Reduced to $90.

1712860612193.png

Another caliper for 0" to 1". Reduced to $30

1712860644977.png

What's left is below:

-Sanders
-14.5" Starrett Caliper
-Set of two Mitatoyo Calipers

View attachment 597672

First two: a 0" to 1" and 1" to 2" Mitatoya Caliper set. $180 for the pair.View attachment 597673View attachment 597674

View attachment 597677

Got the gages, thanks. Do you have any veneer caliber for sale?

$100 for that Starrett caliper is a great deal. I just wish I needed it.

As a former Master Mold Maker who sold off a lot of my bigger diameter tools such as calipers and micrometers, that is a fantastic deal on the calipers. The problem today is that a lot of people don't know how to use them if they don't have a dial to read. Explaining to someone who hasn't used anything but dial calipers is tough and getting the proper feel adds more complexity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdaHendric

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.