Good Gun Deals This Week

That's a neat old Mauser but I don't see any firm evidence of it being a Rigby build.
Looks like seller just put that as a tag for more search results.

His description is just a commercial model b for sale. So no funny business

For those looking for LabRador midsouth shooters got them on
sale.
Screenshot_20231109_211749_Gmail.jpg

Thats a very good example. McKay Brown, Hartmann & Weis, Marcel Thys. These are the best small production houses alive today.

We hope they become the next MacNaugton, Dickson, or Woodward. I feel bad reading obituaries looking for death notices, but that’s when fine art goes up in value.
just reading through the thread, I have always been fascinated by best guns, among other reasons, because my artistic fine motor skills are next to nil. If I were to put the money down for a gun like that, I think I would want the experience, going to Hamburg, getting the stock fitted, have breakfast in the harbour market, visit the Elbphilharmonie and and then tell my wife over an excellent dinner that this gun is going to Africa. I'd be a bit poorer, but a lot happier. Not wanting to distract from the jewel that is on offer here.

Here is a deal I ran across this week but I am not in a position to take advantage of myself so I thought I would pass it along to my fellow AHers. I got a call from my gunsmith this week. He had a customer flake out on him and not come pick up a custom build of a 28 Nosler he wanted done. John, knowing I am a lefty called me to see if I might be interested in the rifle. I went by and looked at it this morning and it is a great looking rifle, I just don’t have a need for a rifle in this chambering so I am attaching the spec sheet from the build and a few pictures. If anybody is interested they can reach out directly to Whidden Gunworks and speak to John or Chip. John offered the rifle package to me for considerably less than the price on this spec sheet/invoice, he is willing to deal. Also, I have nothing to gain from this other than trying to help John out. I won’t have any benefit if this rifle sells to a fellow AHer, just wanted y’all to know that.

John is a multiple time national champion long range rifle competitor and knows his stuff regarding rifles and long range shooting. You can deal with confidence with him and his shop. Also, he says it would have to ship to your FFL and if not in Georgia, he would not have to charge sales tax.

Anyway, hopefully a fellow lefty here on the forums can take advantage of this deal.
IMG_6042.jpeg
IMG_6036.jpeg
IMG_6035.jpeg
IMG_6039.jpeg
IMG_6038.jpeg

To be honest, I think I had forgotten all about the Winchester Model 70 Custom Shop Ultimate Classic rifles. I think this one is a real looker, in a perfect caliber, and has all the right features:

I don't think I'm a buyer at the moment, from a user perspective; however, I do wonder about the long term collector value of this. I can imagine it can't help but go up, or at least hold strong.

Attachments

• WINCHESTER MODEL 70 CUSTOM SHOP ULTIMATE CLASSIC .270 WIN - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.co...pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 40

Attachments

• BLASER R8 SAFARI LUXUS MULTI BARREL SET BOLT ACTION RIFLE for sale.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 49
an ultimate hunt anything, anywhere set-up; awesome!
I'm splitting hairs on this one, but the 9.3 and the .375 are nearly redundant. I'd swap the 9.3 for a 257WBY and change the 308WIN to a 30-06 or 300WM...then it would be perfect for me.

What I really like about this package is the stock having the pancake style cheek rest vs the double rabbit that is much more common.

What do people think of this Dakota? Maybe a 76 African with a delete of the Express sights? I thought it might be a re-barrel but the radial brake seems to be of the type Dakota used.

Is this a fair price?

Attachments

• Dakota Arms~76~.416 Rigby.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 38

What do people think of this Dakota? Maybe a 76 African with a delete of the Express sights? I thought it might be a re-barrel but the radial brake seems to be of the type Dakota used.

Is this a fair price?
Show up as sold 13 minutes after your post. What was the asking price?

Two great Pre-64 Model 70s coming up tonight that would make good plains game setups. Both are going for dirt cheap right now. The first is a 300 Weatherby, and the second a 270 Winchester.

Attachments

• Winchester Model 70 Pre 64 Custom 270 Win Pacific Research & Lilja Barrel - Bolt Action Rifles...pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • Winchester Pre-64 Model 70 Custom rifle, .300 Weatherby mag - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker....pdf
    956.6 KB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgmakeovers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!