Gabrielle from Colorado-- looking for recommendations on a February South African hunt

gpiccs94

Reaction score
Has anyone hunted South Africa In February? looking to go about the 19th - 25th I know this is a hot month but its really the only time we have available to go and we realllyyy want to go. My husband wants a Kudu thats his only goal really and I am pretty open to a few options, gemsbuck, impalas, nyala, blue wildebeest.
Let me know any and everything- our first option was limpopo and would still like to go there if possible but we got a bad vibe from the original outfitter we choose so we had another in mind in free state and they are booked for when we could go unfortunately.
Thank you!

Look at KwaZulu-Natal, should be cooler and seen some kudu hunts advertised for that time where the kudu were attracted to orange groves.

Look at KwaZulu-Natal, should be cooler and seen some kudu hunts advertised for that time where the kudu were attracted to orange groves.
will definitely look into this thank you!! do you remember the outfitter?

Good day, Gabrielle!

Welcome, I've sent you a PM.

Can recommend NickBowkerHunting.com, check my hunt reports from 2 hunts there. At dinner second trip was asked why I booked with them explained low fence, quality of animals, first timer friendly and numerous other reasons. Then another hunter that was a repeat customer was asked same question. He originally booked a 9 day trip the first time there but stayed for 30. Needless to say a VERY successful business man, his reply was very eloquent and succinct. Quote “No Bull Shit”. Could not have said it better myself.
Even if don’t book with Nick check his website and follow some of the links and you will find answers to questions you didn’t even know you had. Enjoy!

Can recommend NickBowkerHunting.com, check my hunt reports from 2 hunts there. At dinner second trip was asked why I booked with them explained low fence, quality of animals, first timer friendly and numerous other reasons. Then another hunter that was a repeat customer was asked same question. He originally booked a 9 day trip the first time there but stayed for 30. Needless to say a VERY successful business man, his reply was very eloquent and succinct. Quote “No Bull Shit”. Could not have said it better myself.
Even if don’t book with Nick check his website and follow some of the links and you will find answers to questions you didn’t even know you had. Enjoy!
great information thank you!!

Reactions: USN
Is this just a hunting trip or hunting and sightseeing? If Hunt/Sightsee, I would recommend somewhere in the Western Cape. If just hunting, the Northern Cape, the ranchs are very large there and very remote.

Is this just a hunting trip or hunting and sightseeing? If Hunt/Sightsee, I would recommend somewhere in the Western Cape. If just hunting, the Northern Cape, the ranchs are very large there and very remote.
mainly hunting but if we do happen to get it done early I would like the option to do some sight seeing. I will look into it thank you.

Welcome to AH gpiccs94!

Welcome aboard gpiccs94! you at the right place to source a great hunt. Alot of the outfitters will be over at the shows at that time but will still be able to help you with a hunt with 1 of their PHs

Welcome to AH!

Good Day

Welcome to AH

We have hunted I Jan and Feb with clients.Its hot and humid with chances of rain but we work around it.The bush is also nice and green and makes a hunting a bit more challenging , but we hunt hard to get the animals.

You are most welcome to contact me.We are in Limpopo at the foothills of the Waterberg mountains a short 2 hour drive from Johannesburg Int airport.We would be able to help you around those dates.

Regards

Rouan

Feb is mighty hot in most parts of SA - and well into the wet season so the undergrowth will be tall and trees at their most leafy. Limpopo will be roasting hot as will the parts of KZN that carry kudu - and finding a decent bull in close to zero visibility will require a healthy amount of luck.
It can be done, but be physically well-prepared and ready to work hard.

Hi @gpiccs94,

Welcome to AH!!

I've send you a PM

Welcome @gpiccs94

We will gladly assist, situated 2hrs west from OR Thambo international airport. Our lodge is comfortable and you and your husband will have a great time hunting our area. Please let me know if you need any more info about our operations or if you need a proposal from us.

My personal best
Gerrit

:S Welcome: to AH!

Hello and welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg