FallowJaeger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
SCI
My wife and daughters want to visit Paris and see France. I’m looking at setting up a surprise trip. If I do this in June or July I know it’s Roebuck season. Does anyone have experience hunting Roebuck in France or Belgium? Thank you for any help.

Southern France has very good roe deer hunting. A high density of deer and low density of people with good quality bucks. I hunted with a company called Acteon near Toulouse. All spot and stalk. However it’s very very hot in July. Most good hunting will be very early in morning and close to dark.

Southern France has very good roe deer hunting. A high density of deer and low density of people with good quality bucks. I hunted with a company called Acteon near Toulouse. All spot and stalk. However it’s very very hot in July. Most good hunting will be very early in morning and close to dark.
Thank you. Is this their link?

@FallowJaeger Welcome to AH! Great idea to add a few hunting days, while your wife and daughters are discovering in Galeries Lafayette what the limit is of your credit card. :D (hint: keep them away from there!)

On the hunting side however, Belgium is not your best bet. It's not that there is none. But it has not been commercialized at all. So unless you know someone who has a share in a hunting concession (I don't :( ), and is allowed to invite externals, I would not look at Belgium.

France would be an excellent option. In May-June, as you rightly gathered it will be pretty much limited to Roebuck. But those are great to hunt. I have only hunted in France a few times. If I were to want to book something good, I would pay a lot of attention to what @375Fox has to say. He has hunted "a bit" in Europe... :cool:

I don't know about Belgium , but south France is very good for roebuck, they don't have the bigger trophies in the world but high density and mature animals I hunted two times with a friend but in may. June is not the best month... July can be good because maybe is the rut like in Spain but I don't know.

I don't know about Belgium , but south France is very good for roebuck, they don't have the bigger trophies in the world but high density and mature animals I hunted two times with a friend but in may. June is not the best month... July can be good because maybe is the rut like in Spain but I don't know.
My first hunt was July 16-19 I think. It was too early for rut. I took 3 bucks at very last light. The second hunt was last 4 days in July. The rut was in full swing. I took 7 bucks that trip and had a lot more opportunities.

Hi all from France,
The season for Roebuck in France begin on 1st of June, the best period is mid July after the full moon, beginning of the rut.
Acteon is a good way to go in the South.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FishHunter

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!