Graham Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
Another one my friends widow is selling. Ruger M77 CRF Featherweight in 250 Savage. This is a real little sweetie in excellent condition and hard to find.
Has a Weaver 3x9 new model after Weaver was resurrected. $775.00

Ruger250.jpg
Ruger250.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Ultralight? M77rl

I love this gun, and it is hard to find. The ultralight models by themselves are hard to find in good condition, but the 250 Savage is the most sought after caliber. I am not a Ruger collector and have no need for a rifle in this caliber, but I do know that you have it priced as "a steal." If it does not sell here you might consider posting it on the RugerForum.

Its a push feed rifle, not CRF.

Yes, I believe it is a push feed. It is my understanding that all tang safety (pre MKII) M77s are push feed. That might not be an absolute but I operate as if it is.

Good on the sale

Last edited:
On the left, Ruger 77 push feed bolt. On the right, Mauser 98 controlled round feed bolt. Both have a Mauser extractor, but function totally different. Ruger has the plunger style ejector like a Rem 700 and post 64 Win model 70. They push the round into the chamber ahead of the bolt but don't control it until the bolt is turned down to grab the case. Mauser system begins to control the round as it moves slightly ahead coming up out of the magazine, slipping up into/under the extractor Note slotted lug for ejector. No need to turn the bolt handle down with the Mauser, just push it back and forth to unload a magazine. Ruger 77 wont do that. Later Mk II Rugers are CRF.
IMG_5506.JPG

Seconds if the deal falls through, should have sent a pm when the picture was posted but didn’t think it was for sale.

Seconds if the deal falls through, should have sent a pm when the picture was posted but didn’t think it was for sale.
Sorry Sand Rat the purchaser doesn't give a damn what type feed it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greylin

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg