AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Here she is boys!!!! A 404 Jeffery, the most sought after and coveted dangerous game caliber there is!!!!

I purchased this rifle last year and it spent most of the year at the gunsmith. First, we removed the horrible factory sights and installed NECG sights along with barrel band “for the quintessential Africana look.” Next, I had the matte finish removed and a semi gloss blueing applied to give the rifle a more elegant look.

I had a thread protector made for the removable brake... “so you don’t have to burst your PHs eardrums when chasing that 48 inch Dagga boy!”

I purchased warne QD rings as well which are included in the price.

I know I won’t get what I have In the rifle back but I’m trying to go a different direction right now. I also don’t have to sell it but the funds would help obtain my new desire.

$4000 or best offer. Buyer pays shipping.

0D732F29-2D11-435A-94F1-0B97D1706DD0.jpeg
4D98E749-67F0-4E5F-8EA7-6DA9D221EA2C.jpeg
5E8F9ADB-72FA-44AC-AB96-A8FCE903022B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you. It has a 13 3/4 LOP and weighs 9.2 lbs if I’m not mistaken.

No you didn’t miss anything. Its a Montana 1999 action. The action is essentially a modified m70 action. It’s a factory chambering, not a conversion.

Nice rifle
Andrew. Why are you parting with it?

Would someone please explain what "bump" means in this context?
It is a phrase the OP uses to move the ad to the top so other members can see the ad. You could also use other phrases or made up words but “bump” is most common.

Last edited:
Bump. Open to offers! Will include a box of federal premium solids with purchase!

End of the week bump.

Hi Andrew. Just a thought that you may or may not agree with. If you have another rifle built rather than buying one off the rack, particularly a African style dangerous game rifle, you might consider not having a muzzle brake built onto the rifle. Yes I know it unscrews and you can place a cap on it. But there are a significant number of hunters who would never buy a big bore with a brake on it. And if they did, would likely have it cut off by a smith. Many of us have a belief (right or wrong) that it ruins the lines of what would otherwise be a gorgeous rifle. This obviously only applies if the original owner is trying to sell that rifle in the future. Anyway just a thought so if you have one built in the future, the possibility of a resale increases your number of potential buyers if you decide to get rid of it. Good luck with a sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValeriaPal

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)