For Sale 585 Nyati Full Built Parts Set, Free Action!

Wildcatter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I started this project last year collecting all the parts for a 585 Nyati rifle after I obtained a 1917 Enfield action. I wanted a short range stopper shooting a 750 grain bullet at 2100 or so. I had been working with a 577 double and a single and so thought a bolt action in the 585 caliber would be a good addition. Truth is, I decided I love my break open guns and I lost interest in the build.

The kit of parts represents everything you need to build the rifle other than a recoil pad and modifications to the bottom Enfield metal and bolt face for the conversion. Included is a 21” McGowen barrel 0.585”, NECG Masterpiece banded front ramp, custom 505 Gibbs magazine follower and heavy magazine spring. Enfield 1917 inletted Bastogne stock blank with good AA grain and grain flow through wrist and oversized forend for inlet and shaping, 59 pieces of new Bertram Basic 585 Nyati brass, new set of CH4D dies, shell holder, new PTG chamber reamer for 585 Nyati, 40 Barnes Triple Shock and 20 Barnes flat point solids. I would like $1750 shipped for these parts which is just a bit less than what I have in them.

Included is a 1917 Enfield complete action with adjustable trigger, cock on closing kit installed, filled island, drilled and tapped, bolt face opened to magnum, nice sporter bolt handle. The action is FREE with purchase of project parts above.

Please send me a PM if you have an interest. I would prefer cash but I have a particular weakness for classic 6.5mm, 7mm, and 9.3mm bolt actions, English single shot rifles, combination guns, European single shots in weird calibers, big bore revolvers, and tiny 1911s in the Lord’s caliber, 45ACP. Let me know if you have any ideas. The action will ship from my FFL to yours. Shipping costs of parts and action are included in the price of the parts.

IMG_3404.jpeg
IMG_3402.jpeg
IMG_3408.jpeg
IMG_3409.jpeg
IMG_3407.jpeg
IMG_3406.jpeg
IMG_3405.jpeg
IMG_3410.jpeg
IMG_3403.jpeg
IMG_3401.jpeg
IMG_3400.jpeg
IMG_3399.jpeg
IMG_3398.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg
IMG_3396.jpeg
IMG_3395.jpeg
IMG_3394.jpeg

I’ve had quite a few inquiries about this set of parts but no takers yet. If you have an interest, let me know what you have for trade.

These rifles don’t kick THAT bad, LOL

I half joking refer to my 404 Jeffery build as "the elephant gun." This one would be no joke! I'd love to finish that project but I'm a bit afraid for my fragile retinas (also no joke ... three detachments plus multiple repairs). Modifying the feeding rails and ramp would be another fun challenge (404 turned out very well) and I have a local guy who did a great job opening the bolt face on 8mm 98 Mauser. I'm sure I could do it. Let me talk to my gunsmith buddy.

I’m happy to include some 650gr cast bullets. Those bullets at 1600fps are easier to shoot that full patch loads in your 404! Let me know.

Seems like a great start for a variety of builds (read .404). Could probably sell off the Nyati stuff to someone looking to build on another platform and still come out way ahead.

If somebody has some ideas about splitting up the deal, I’m open to discussion.

If somebody has some ideas about splitting up the deal, I’m open to discussion.
I wasn’t trying to put this on you. Rather, was trying to open the eyes of others. if I had a need or desire to build anything right now, I would buy the package and sell off the Nyati components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandiPoo37

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….