Flat point copper solids for hunting mule deer?

Generally an all copper bullet will be longer than its equivalent weight in a jacketed or lead bullet. You didn't indicate what type of rifle your 45 Colt is. First consideration would have to be whether the chosen bullet will feed through the magazine and action (unless you're using a single shot). If you're using a 300g copper projectile it might not leave much room for powder or alternatively not cycle through the action.. I know you prefer an all copper bullet, but another option would be the Sierra 300g JSP Sports Master. Its not an all copper bullet but will meet the "expanding" bullet mandate. At the velocity you envision it will behave like a flat point solid. Good luck with your research and subsequent hunt. Look forward to your hunt report.
Thanks for sharing, I just took a quick look at that sierra JSP, I like what I see and it's going to get a closer look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuyixinwei26

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!