Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Club bleu de Gascon, Gascon Saintongeois, Ariegeois
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Australia and USA
IMG-20231109-WA0004.jpg

If you have a majestic free-range African Lion on your radar for 2024 don't scroll any further!
As most prospective lion hunters will know by now, the USFWS has produced a presentation that outlines the framework permitting the importation of lions from Africa. The endorsed NIASSA hunting areas comply with the ESA requirements.
(Please find the Fish and Wildlife presentations below)

An epic Lion Safari in the NIASSA block is a minimum 18-day package that includes all services and amenities.
Day rate - $2 100/day
Lion Trophy - $20 000
Hunting licence - $350
Firearm permit - $350

TOTAL COST US$58 500
(International, Domestic, and Charter flights, Gratuities, Niassa community conservation fee, and accommodation prior/post-safari are excluded)

The hunting block covers an area of over 1 million acres of pure wilderness and is positioned on the Western flank of the renowned Niassa Special Reserve (NSR) in northern Mozambique. It is one of Africa's largest (42,300 km2), wildest, and most spectacular protected areas. It is connected to the Selous Game Reserve (SGR, 55,000 km2) in southern Tanzania by the Selous-Niassa corridor, and remains connected by a natural corridor of forestry concessions to the Quirimbas National Park (7,506 km2) to its east on the coast of northern Mozambique. This remains one of Africa's largest contiguous wilderness areas.
Camp is well constructed to ensure a truly memorable East African Safari.

IMG-20231021-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20231021-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20231021-WA0009.jpg

The chance of success is excellent as the Lion density is remarkably high. There are harvest parameters that define only Lion aged 6 years plus may be hunted which enforces a strict selection process, however, the population density presents numerous opportunities.

Some cats previously hunted in the Niassa area:
IMG-20231109-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20231109-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20231109-WA0002.jpg

For further information kindly reach out via DM or email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that the minimum legal caliber for lion hunting in Mozambique, has now been set to .375 Holland & Holland Magnum ? When I last hunted in Mozambique in 2013, there were no legal stipulations in regards to minimal caliber for dangerous game hunting.

Is it true that the minimum legal caliber for lion hunting in Mozambique, has now been set to .375 Holland & Holland Magnum ? When I last hunted in Mozambique in 2013, there were no legal stipulations in regards to minimal caliber for dangerous game hunting.
People still hunt with 9.3 cals in Moz. No issue there. I believe it’s an energy minimum?

The minimum calibre/energy for type of specie is defined in the Hunting laws as 5000 joules for Lion. Acceptable calibres defined in the laws are 9.3x62, 375H&H and upwards.
However the law also notes a minimum of 19 grams for bullet weight so the common 286 grain bullet for the 9.3x62 would technically have to be increased to 293 grain plus in order to legally comply.
Common practice is to carry 375H&H or heavier.
Truth is the 9.3x62 is more than ample for taking any Lion with correct shot placement.

What's the hunting method?
Hi Steven,

Both baiting and tracking.
There are harvest parameters that define Lions aged 6 years plus may ONLY be hunted which enforces a strict selection process - accurate assessment is critical and patience is key.

IMG-20231109-WA0004.jpg

View attachment 568398

If you have a majestic free-range African Lion on your radar for 2024 don't scroll any further!
As most prospective lion hunters will know by now, the USFWS has produced a presentation that outlines the framework permitting the importation of lions from Africa. The endorsed NIASSA hunting areas comply with the ESA requirements.
(Please find the Fish and Wildlife presentations below)

An epic Lion Safari in the NIASSA block is a minimum 18-day package that includes all services and amenities.
Day rate - $2 100/day
Lion Trophy - $20 000
Hunting licence - $350
Firearm permit - $350

TOTAL COST US$58 500
(International, Domestic, and Charter flights, Gratuities, Niassa community conservation fee, and accommodation prior/post-safari are excluded)

The hunting block covers an area of over 1 million acres of pure wilderness and is positioned on the Western flank of the renowned Niassa Special Reserve (NSR) in northern Mozambique. It is one of Africa's largest (42,300 km2), wildest, and most spectacular protected areas. It is connected to the Selous Game Reserve (SGR, 55,000 km2) in southern Tanzania by the Selous-Niassa corridor, and remains connected by a natural corridor of forestry concessions to the Quirimbas National Park (7,506 km2) to its east on the coast of northern Mozambique. This remains one of Africa's largest contiguous wilderness areas.
Camp is well constructed to ensure a truly memorable East African Safari.

View attachment 567315View attachment 567314View attachment 567313

The chance of success is excellent as the Lion density is remarkably high. There are harvest parameters that define only Lion aged 6 years plus may be hunted which enforces a strict selection process, however, the population density presents numerous opportunities.

Some cats previously hunted in the Niassa area:
View attachment 568397View attachment 568399View attachment 568400

For further information kindly reach out via DM or email.
Hi Gavin,
Is the area inside the Niassa Special Reserve or just outside on the western border? If inside, what is the block number? I have hunted R3. Thanks!

What are the baiting costs?

I’ll reach out in Nashville. I’d love to chat with you about this hunt. Thanks

Will you be in Dallas at the DSC and if you are what is your Booth #

Will you be in Dallas at the DSC and if you are what is your Booth #
Thanks for your interest Manny, I have responded to your email.

Hi Gavin,
Is the area inside the Niassa Special Reserve or just outside on the western border? If inside, what is the block number? I have hunted R3. Thanks!
L2 and R4 Niassa hunting blocks

What are the baiting costs?
Select bait animals, Waterbuck (block L2) and Hartebeest (block R4) are charged at 50% of Trophy fee, while all other bait animals are charged at a 10% reduced standard trophy fee and are non-exportable. Waterbuck $1850 – Hartebeest $1900.

Attachments

• MOZAMBIQUE trophy pricelist 2024.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 88
Attention to all prospective Lion hunters,

Quotas for 2024 and 2025 have been sold out. We are now accepting bookings for 2026.

Please note that there will be a price increase in line with market inflation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgmakeovers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!