DSC 2025 in Atlanta....are you going?

Are you planning to attend the DSC convention in Atlanta in 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 53 44.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 26.3%

• Total voters

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
As we all know the DSC convention will be in Atlanta for at least the next 3 years. There was talk around the convention floor this year that attendance will go down. It would certainly not surprise me as many who attend are either Dallas locals or live within reasonably short driving distance to Dallas. Our group here on AH certainly has plenty of Texas members, but also many not from Dallas or even close to Texas. In the interest of working on next years AH get together, I'd like to get a feel for how many plan to travel to Atlanta for our annual party.

I know this comes so short after last week's convention. But the planning for the dinner is essentially a do-over and I know nothing about Atlanta. As such I don't want to wait on planning. The poll does not have an end date and you can switch your answer if you wish. I'd like to give this poll a month or two for response and will occasionally do a Back To the Top reply to keep it on everyone's eyes.

It would be good to know when your participate in the poll if you can reply in the thread if you've attended before or not. This would also give us a feel for if we're new attendees will be essentially be replacing those who choose not to attend in Atlanta.

Thanks in advance for participating.

Almost all current exhibitors will go. Empty slots, if any, will easily be filled by new exhibitors. Many DSC members will attend and there are a lot of outdoorsmen and women in the southeast....it will be a great show.

I’m from Atlanta. I live about 2.5 hours away now, but should be able to provide solid intel on hotels and restaurants.

I know there are quite a few members from the metro Atlanta area who can chime in.

I personally think it’s good that SCI and DSC are spreading the love geographically.

Good to hear from you Phil. Sorry I couldn't make the dinner this year. Atlanta is twice as far as Dallas for me. Before I can make a decision about Atlanta, I will have to know all of the details of the show itself and the details on the location and hotels. I personally only know my way around the airport. Been there many times. Know very little about the city. Will be interesting to see how it all comes together. By the time the show is held in Dallas again, I'll be too old to go.

I couldn't make it to Texas this year unfortunately. But, I have an uncle in Atlanta, so I think ill head there next year and make a plan to visit him while in town.

For me, its the same distance whether I go to Texas or Georgia. I bet a lot of folks are in the same boat.

Had a TYHP youth hunt this last weekend so missed DSC. Bummer. Didn’t realize was moving

I doubt if I will go, but it's not due to the change of venue. I rarely go to DSC two years in a row. Since I went this year, I will skip 2025 and maybe go in 2026. DSC relies on a ton of volunteers in the Dallas area to help make DSC happen. I talked with one of the volunteers working at the DSC store and he was wondering how it will work in ATL. It will be a learning year in 2025 for sure.

Like sierraone said

When the convention returns to Dallas my hunting will need to be close by.

Doubtful we will attend… but it’s possible.. I won’t know for sure until we get a little closer to the dates…

I like Atlanta.. and they have a great convention center.. but we’ve already got a very busy 2024 and 2025 lined up and I don’t know if another week off work will make sense (in addition to all off the other time already being planned)…

I doubt I will make 2025 in Atlanta. Possibly 2026. My plans for the next couple safaris is set and extra travel expenses I just don't see it happening. I am only 4.5 hours from Dallas.

I mostly likely won’t be attending but nothing to do with the location. It’s just as easy for me to fly to Atlanta as it is to fly to Dallas. I’ll go back in 3 or 4 years when I think it will add some value over what I learned at the show this year.

I will be there, I’ve missed the last two years, not missing a third even though I think it is BS the didn’t keep the revenue in the great state of Texas

I won’t go next year. Being in Texas it’s a short drive for a day or two between work. I’m sure in the next 2-3 years I’ll do DSC or SCI at least once. The volunteer aspect is what’s going to be interesting. I know the reason for Atlanta was the size and that venue being able to accommodate the dates when all the others couldn’t.

The folks like me who can drive into Dallas in a few hours will be replaced by locals in Atlanta and all over the Southeast who can drive to Atlanta. They’ll pull from Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, Florida Panhandle, Charlotte, and a bunch of other cities within a 4-5 hour drive.

I wasn’t aware NOLA was a SCI future location…

I’ve got a daughter at LSU… I’ll keep NOLA on the radar… if/when the convention is there, I’ll definitely attend and combine with a Baton Rouge visit..

Wife and I are considering DSC 2025 in Atlanta, but it's too early to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgmakeovers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!