Delta from Atlanta to Joberg

swashington

AH veteran
Reaction score
As the days roll by I am getting pretty close to when I need to purchase my airline tickets for next year. We are flying direct to Joberg from Atlanta. Question is what class ticket do I need to get to be comfortable. I am 6'6" tall and for 16 hours need some leg room. Anyone have any first hand experience in the different ticket classes. I can't do the first class, out of my price range. But if we can avoid spending more than necessary and be comfortable without paying for comfort+ seats I will happily do it.

Next month I will be on my 4th Atlanta to Joburg trip and agree with Firebird above. Does not hurt to ask for upgrade to FC if they have it.
I go with exit row seats. Can't recline much but you don't have to climb over people to get out of your seat. Have fun!

Premium select
Bulkhead seat
And purchase early for best pricing
Use google flights to track ticket
Prices
Just checked Google flights and the prices are significantly higher than going to Delta directly. $3679 compared to Google at $4251. Is that normally the case?

Next month I will be on my 4th Atlanta to Joburg trip and agree with Firebird above. Does not hurt to ask for upgrade to FC if they have it.
I go with exit row seats. Can't recline much but you don't have to climb over people to get out of your seat. Have fun!
This will be our honeymoon, Hunting won't be the only fun we have!

We are fishing too!

We flew Delta from Atlanta in the Comfort Plus seating. It's an upgrade of about 3" of leg room i think. They were a little bit of an upgrade from the normal backbreakers.

Yes. My friend had this seat going over in September. I upgraded and paid more money but his seat was better.

Connect to JFK, LA or SanFran and upgrade to premium economy. Far better than Delta

I punched in dates for this sept premium economy
IMG_4298.jpeg
$1856

IMG_4299.jpeg

Last edited:
Delta one. Only way to do it. I’m 6’5” and it made the flight almost enjoyable.

@swashington, book seat 41J in economy. It’s exit row with no seat in front.
Have to be careful.. Alot of the time the exit row seats have more leg room, but some also don't recline.

I'd just call the expert such as Jennifer at Travel Express.

What you spend with them is well worth the cost in less headaches

Google flight tracking varies considerably
When you find the price you’re comfortable with jump on it. The cheapest flights to JNB is through New York. Qatar business for $4500!!

I'd just call the expert such as Jennifer at Travel Express.

What you spend with them is well worth the cost in less headaches
Already spoke with her, just waiting for the time when we can get tickets. We leave early June next year so hopefully we will be able to book in the next month or so. I like to do my research

Connect to JFK, LA or SanFran and upgrade to premium economy. Far better than Delta

I punched in dates for this sept premium economyView attachment 606244$1856

View attachment 606243
The flights from Miami to Dubai don't list a premium economy but the business class is amazing and cheaper than Delta. Just have a 5 hour layover in Dubai. How much of a hassle is it to have your firearms with you in your layover in Dubai?

I am looking at the seat map and it doesn't show it as an exit row. Is this some super-secret squirle stuff that they don't let people know about.
Delta changed the seating layout on all of their A350's to Johannesburg. They added 8 additional Delta One seats which shifted some stuff around. This change goes into effect on June 20, 2024 so I'd be very careful about booking a seat that you think has extra leg room but doesn't now. Who knows what they did to the back of the plane in the economy seating so it would be very prudent to not take any chances until you see people showing pictures of the full layout of the plane.

My guess is this is now row 37 but I am just speculating based on the seat layout on Delta's website. I did comfort + exactly one time, and then gave up because it was brutal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)