Eeleel

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
My non hunting partner and I completed our combined vacation this September (2023).
Our first trip to Europe, we found it amazing, on Scenic Cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest! A great introduction to foreign lands, and has our 100% recommendations.
I had found an agent through WTA, Passions and Prey.com.
The outfitter Albert was more than welcoming, he arranged our accommodations acceptable for my nonhunter partner, introduced us to his country with side trips and unique experiences.
He stayed hunting with myself and the guide the first few days until he had to meet another client. My guide was a young experience man, well equipped but no English spoken, we communicated successfully by hand signals. Note I discovered google translator, I’d type in my message and it would be efficiently translated into Hungarian!
The first two days were HOT, the Stags left the fields before first light and laid down for the day. On the third day we woke to a serious ROAR (!), it was difficult to reach our stand without being busted by small Stags and hinds, as we could hear serious roaring and fighting further into the fields.
When we reached the targeted field with two fighters and twenty plus hinds, there was no shot because of the crowded group. The herd then moved through the hedgerow to an adjoining field where a beautiful Stag either offered a head on or Texas heart shot. Then again the herd returned to the previous field, as I positioned the shooting sticks they became tangled in the Hedgerow and I couldn’t swing the rented rifle to a 100 yard broadside walking shot. The guide is saying calmly and repeatedly “shoot”, “shoot”, “shoot!” apparently he knew some English.
By 5:30 AM the Stag was down and the respectful traditions were enjoyed.
IMG_6985.JPG
IMG_6986.JPG
IMG_6987.JPG
98226a0c-72f2-4f0e-b930-3c352960b585.jpg
dfca25b8-6117-47ee-a12a-816e0a250912.jpg
IMG_7041.JPG
IMG_7032.JPG
IMG_7045.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6996.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • dfca25b8-6117-47ee-a12a-816e0a250912.jpg
    dfca25b8-6117-47ee-a12a-816e0a250912.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 40
Stag is definitely on my bucket list.

Congratulations and thanks for posting. This is something that I have been thinking about, cruise and hunt.

Sounds like a wonderful trip for you both!

That would put a smile on anyone's face!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

What a great trip and memories!!

Congrats. Beautiful stag.

Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the idea. Which river cruise lines were you on?

Very nice. Please can you post photos of the cruise boat?

Great stag, congrats !

Congratulations, very nice stag.

Fantastic, congrats!

My brother and his wife are on the Budapest/Nuremberg trip right now.

DB

Thank you so much for the report and pics, you really had a great stay and hunt! Congrats for the nice stag!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FishHunter

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!