Buzz Charlton tuskless charge

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media

Very interesting to slow this charge down. Buzz elbows his hunter out of the way. The apprentice PH comes up into action. And they both fire at the exact same time. Both hitting the mark.
No time for a bolt action follow up in this scenario

Eeesh! That was a hair raising moment, glad they got it sorted as it was about to be very ugly.

It’s not the same video. The one I’m trying to load shows they just walked up on a Ele. They just killed and this one came from 90 degrees to the right

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpeg
    IMG_1065.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1067.jpeg
    IMG_1067.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1066.jpeg
    IMG_1066.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 213
I couldn't watch either, and I don't have FB.

Until the video gets more widely broadcasted.
All I can do is take screen shots of the video and narrate. Sorry

First picture they are looking over the area. They shot the first elephant.

Second photo is when buzz is alerted to another elephant coming in from behind

Then he yells for everybody to move back

The elephant is just coming into the screen. The Hunter moved out of the frame buzz gets his rifle into action.

Elephant keeps coming, then the apprentice PH comes into the screen. He has a bolt gun with an RMR mounted.

Both shoot and hit with good shots.

Then you see the apprentice move the butt of his rifle into his right arm pit to cycle the bolt. Instead of staying on the rifle and cycling the bolt.

Elephant falls and Buzz tells everyone to move out.

Sorry for the hype. Facebook must lock videos down

IMG_1069.jpeg
IMG_1070.jpeg
IMG_1071.jpeg
IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg
IMG_1075.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg
IMG_1078.jpeg
IMG_1079.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg
IMG_1081.jpeg
IMG_1082.jpeg
IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_1084.jpeg
IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1086.jpeg
IMG_1088.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Buzz drop charging elephants with his .416 Rigby is like watching the finest theatre. The young man is a master at his craft.

I was once almost nearly killed by a charging bull elephant myself in 2006. I was using a .375 Holland & Holland Magnum Musgrave loaded with Prvi Partizan 300Gr round nosed copper jacketed FMJ solid factory loads. Unfortunately, the bull had charged and I had made an ineffectual frontal brain shot. That bull would have flattened me like a pancake, had my white hunter Devon not successfully downed him with a more efficient frontal brain shot. Devon was armed with a .505 Gibbs magazine rifle which was built by John Bolliger on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action. His bullet of choice was the South African all-brass flat nosed 600Gr DZOMBO MK. VI monometal solid propelled at 2150 fps.

Later, I found out that my Prvi Partizan 300Gr copper jacketed FMJ “solid” bullet had broken up on the elephant’s skull bone and completely split it’s thinnish copper jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtumolo18

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!