Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Link to article:

Bruce

Should have been done years ago

It will be a good move if it gets sorted

i have eaten zebra and it was ok.

DSCN8489 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The key to the proposal is in the sentence:

"A shift away from hunting to commercial production will be encouraged and abattoirs will be set up."

ie get rid of the hunting industry and treat the wildlife as just another form of cattle in return for creating a handful of jobs at abattoirs.

"A shift away from hunting to commercial production will be encouraged and abattoirs will be set up."

ie get rid of the hunting industry and treat the wildlife as just another form of cattle in return for creating a handful of jobs at abattoirs.
I can't say I'm surprised.
I think it would have to be "farm raised" to be considered for a commercial meat market. Kinda like venison in the US.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm surprised.
I think it would have to be "farm raised" to be considered for a commercial meat market. Kinda like venison in the US.
I’m not sure that’s the case. Most venison in USA is farm raised because we have laws that were put in place to stop market hunting. Wild Axis deer and Nilgai (non-native species) in Texas are culled and sold commercially.

I’m not sure that’s the case. Most venison in USA is farm raised because we have laws that were put in place to stop market hunting. Wild Axis deer and Nilgai (non-native species) in Texas are culled and sold commercially.
Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

I picked up on that too. I would not view it as an attempt to get rid of the hunting industry though, but it will be sad to see it become more commercialized than it already is. South Africa has already been on the line between commercial farming and wild animals for a while, this would likely push it further towards farming model.

SIGN ME UP FOR A 1/2 BUT THEY WILL NOT BE EXPORTING TO THE GOOD OL USA, CHINA WILL GET IT ALL.

SIGN ME UP FOR A 1/2 BUT THEY WILL NOT BE EXPORTING TO THE GOOD OL USA, CHINA WILL GET IT ALL.
You might want to read up on where New Zealand sends their venison. I had expected Germany to be the number 1 importer. Wild game is sold at a premium as a novelty not cheap meat. China may make importing much easier than other countries though but it won’t bring the value as in other countries.
IMG_2858.png

No kidding lol. That guy joined Wednesday and has posted twice, once about dead elephants and now about eating zebra. Pretty sure he’s some degree of anti. I thought zebra was great!
I kinda hope he sticks around long enough for us to roast him a bit lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professor

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)