BFR 454 Casull

The BFR is heavily built for regular use of heavy hunting loads.
For a walk-around revolver for snake shot you might like a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 4 5/8 or 5.5".
This would save about a pound on the hip.
Another nice option is the S&W 69. It would handle snake loads and lighter 44 mag/ 44 special loads and weighs about 1.5 pounds less than the BFR.

i own 5 Fa’s and 4 bfr’s and 6 srh’s. All have been great revolvers. All very accurate. All my fa’s are bug hole accurate. Furthest shots for me were 154 with the bfr 460. 168 with fa454 on a fallow deer. My son shot a blesbok offhand at 234 with a sw 460. The rugers needed trigger jobs 2 fa’s needed trigger jobs and 2?bfrs did. All tougher than they need to be

i own 5 Fa’s and 4 bfr’s and 6 srh’s. All have been great revolvers. All very accurate. All my fa’s are bug hole accurate. Furthest shots for me were 154 with the bfr 460. 168 with fa454 on a fallow deer. My son shot a blesbok offhand at 234 with a sw 460. The rugers needed trigger jobs 2 fa’s needed trigger jobs and 2?bfrs did. All tougher than they need to be

No such thing as being to tough.

Too Big
Too Bulky
Too Heavy
Too Light
Too Small
Too Hard of trigger pull
Too Many anything else

But never Too Tough.

JMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nouila

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone