Anybody seen Blackhorn 209 in stock recently?

105gr 777 under an Acme 330gr RNFP cast PC worked beautifully today. This load will put the fouling shot right in the same group as the rest out my T/C Triumph at 1770fps. Neck shot at a tad over 50yds. This one needed to be taken out of the gene pool. Shot his dad 2 years ago. They both had deformed left hind leg/hoof; apparently it's genetic. Dad was also a nontypical, but not in the same way.
1697697601813.jpeg

Was at Scheels the other day, and they had lots of Blackhorn 209 in stock. It would have to be self-cleaning after loading itself and sucking a bullet down the bore after it, for me to rationalize paying $79.99/8oz. Holy crap! $160/lb makes any other option a better choice. Triple 7, also in stock, was $29.99. Oh, that's for a pound. I'll stick with the 777, thanks. (might explain why there was plenty on the shelf...)

Just wondering if any of you guys have seen 8 oz jugs of Blackhorn 209 powder for sale anywhere. I have found a couple places with 5 lb jugs in stock but I don't want that much. My local walmart ( Sayre , PA) has it occasionally but not recently. The guy that runs the sporting goods section has no idea when they might have it again. I've checked a lot of the usual suspects online with no luck. Thanks in advance!!!
R.M.C.
I was talking to a buddy the other day about using something besides Pyrodex (that's what he's been using). Mentioned bringing him some 777 to try when I'm there this weekend. Went down to the cabinet and realized I'm down to 5# of 777. I don't even shoot my muzzlestuffers all that often, but I've gone through over 5# in the last couple years, lol. At less than 70 rounds/lb, it does go surprisingly fast.

105gr 777 under an Acme 330gr RNFP cast PC worked beautifully today. This load will put the fouling shot right in the same group as the rest out my T/C Triumph at 1770fps. Neck shot at a tad over 50yds. This one needed to be taken out of the gene pool. Shot his dad 2 years ago. They both had deformed left hind leg/hoof; apparently it's genetic. Dad was also a nontypical, but not in the same way.
View attachment 564444
Nice!! I like the weird ones lol

Thanks, yep that's where I ended up getting it, I really wanted to find some place near me to pick it up but I didn't have any luck. Hazmat charge is a killer lol
You bought it as this hoax website, and they actually delivered? I'm speechless. A website with NO phone number, NO address and known to be a scam... And selling hard to find $80 per 1/2 lbs powder for $330 for 5 lbs, or $33 per 1/2 lbs....

You bought it as this hoax website, and they actually delivered? I'm speechless. A website with NO phone number, NO address and known to be a scam... And selling hard to find $80 per 1/2 lbs powder for $330 for 5 lbs, or $33 per 1/2 lbs....
I got it from the hodgon website, I don't think its a hoax of any sort. There are a couple shady places selling it on ammo seek but this is a real website.

I got it from the hodgon website, I don't think its a hoax of any sort. There are a couple shady places selling it on ammo seek but this is a real website.
RMC - the guy you responded to, linked a website called "www.blackhorn209powders.com" which IS a hoax website, and then you replied to him saying "yep, that's where I ended up getting it...." - hence my reply to you.

All good though!! I just wanted to make sure you guys were not "advising" people to buy from the hoax "www.blackhorn209powders.com" website.

RMC - the guy you responded to, linked a website called "www.blackhorn209powders.com" which IS a hoax website, and then you replied to him saying "yep, that's where I ended up getting it...." - hence my reply to you.

All good though!! I just wanted to make sure you guys were not "advising" people to buy from the hoax "www.blackhorn209powders.com" website.
I just looked at my credit card history and I did get it from Blackhorn209.com lol . it must be legit. I thought I got it from Hodgon but I guess not.

I just looked at my credit card history and I did get it from Blackhorn209.com lol . it must be legit. I thought I got it from Hodgon but I guess not.
Blackhorn209.com is actually Hodgdon, so you bought it from Hodgdon. Type www.blackhorn209.com and it will forward you directly to the Hodgdon website.

www.blackhorn209powders.com though is a HOAX website. And that's what KRISH previous linked to... he possibly also didn't know he linked to the hoax website though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VernaCarri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!