Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
I have a sporterized 6.5 Jap. It's pretty decent with a good stock. I would like to have it drilled and tapped for a scope.

I am traveling to ANC in a couple weeks and can bring it with me. Does anyone have names / contact info for ANC or maybe valley people who offer this service?

Thanks in advance.

Wild West Guns should be able
To sort it out.

I honestly forget they are there. Thanks WAB.

Reactions: WAB
Hawks Gunsmithing. He's been around a long time, works out of a shop connected to his house. If it needs to be done immediately I'd give him a ring ahead of time, he is a one man shop with no shortage of work on his calendar.

I was in WWG shortly after they got "famous" for tricking out Marlin lever guns. Arrogant bunch who had no interest in helping me if I didn't want to pay them a ton to convert my gun or buy one of theirs at an inflated price. I was not in their store for either reason. That was years ago, have driven by probably 50 times since, never bothered to go in again.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of friends express similar experiences...

It is strange how some gun shops seem intent on driving away business. The worst is walking in to a shop with the old gang hanging around the counter. They all stop talking and look like you’re interfering in something. The owner doesn’t even ask what you would like. I just walk out and never go back.

I have a sporterized 6.5 Jap. It's pretty decent with a good stock. I would like to have it drilled and tapped for a scope.

I am traveling to ANC in a couple weeks and can bring it with me. Does anyone have names / contact info for ANC or maybe valley people who offer this service?

Thanks in advance.

I repaired an old barn find 6.5 Arisaka that my father in law had a few years back.. those actions are incredibly strong, and the 6.5 is super light on the shoulder…

With a decent scope on top of it, it’ll make a pretty cool black tail rifle that should be a hoot to shoot…

Exactly Dave. (y)

Attachments

• Ammo 6.5 Jap. 20 Rounds Norma Semi-Point | Live and Online Auctions on HiBid.com.pdf
    564.2 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?