3 Ruger Rifles For Sale

John1989

AH senior member
Reaction score
M77 mk II 338 win mag factory iron sights and a skeleton stock $1400 obo

M77 mk II express 30-06 $2300 obo

M77 mk II express 300 win mag $2300 obo

Prices for rifles only. Excellent examples of wood on the express rifles. Buyer pays actual shipping costs. Conus only. If you need more photos or info please send a pm.

IMG_4644.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice wood. Not too familiar with Ruger in general, or the "express" model in particular. Would that be standard on a factory rifle, or have the stocks been upgraded afterwards?

Also, I thought that the M77 had a tang safety, but from these picture it does not seem like that.

Very nice wood. Not too familiar with Ruger in general, or the "express" model in particular. Would that be standard on a factory rifle, or have the stocks been upgraded afterwards?

Also, I thought that the M77 had a tang safety, but from these picture it does not seem like that.
First off the last part of your comment; The old original version of the M77 had a tang safety. Then came the M77 Mark II with Ruger's unique version of a 3 position safety.. In my opinion the Mark II's are the best rifles Ruger made and during that general time period Ruger made some fine shotguns (Red Label and Gold Label) as well as various handguns. After the Mark II they started with the M77 Hawkeye which are very good rifles but not as fine a finish as the Mark II, IMO.

As for the nice wood and extra fine finishes, the integral quarter rib. Fixed and flip up sites, barrel band sling mount.... Those are all upgrades unique in combination to the Express and RSM rifles in the Mark II variation.

Rumor or fact I'm not positive, but let's just say that Legend has it that Ruger bought a whole 400 year old Circasian Walnut tree and that is the tree that all those fine factory stocks came from. Obviously there are many cuts of variable quality in a big old tree like that.... Thus some stocks are really spectacular and some or only nice:)

Very cool Express rifles... they were the first time as a young catalog ogler I had ever heard of the word 'Circassian.' Fast forward 40 years and I was installing a phone system in a historic house in Seattle and noticed all the interior exposed timbers... you guessed it, ALL circassian walnut. I wondered how many rifles those timbers would have made...

Enjoy those rifles @ActionBob

@John1989 I have one of those "Canoe Paddle" Rugers, and it is very nice and durable rifle. It is my Truck Gun......so it needs to be tough. Someone will get a good gun at a good price here. GLWS.....FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nycfornyccom

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!