Woodleigh Bullets

That may be a hard thing to find until Woodleigh can produce enough to get Midway to make a bulk order of various bullets.

I went as far as getting the ATF import permit and buying them from an online store in Victoria and having them shipped over.

My supplier then stopped international shipping.

There are some suppliers in Australia willing to still ship them though.

Last edited:
I've been searching high and low for some .312 diameter 215 grain RN for reloading a new Uberti 303 British. Would like to take it plains game hunting this coming August.

Woodleigh is busy making bullets, but it'll likely be later in the year that they arrive in the US.

I will use Woodleigh bullets exclusively when they are back in play, proper bullets, proper performance.

That may be a hard thing to find until Woodleigh can produce enough to get Midway to make a bulk order of various bullets.

I went as far as getting the ATF import permit and buying them from an online store in Victoria and having them shipped over.

My supplier then stopped international shipping.

There are some suppliers in Australia willing to still ship them though.
@deewayne2003
Why do you need an AFT import permit.
I have sent projectiles to the USA with zero issues. I just sent some 310gn Woodleighs in 35 cal to another member. He had them in about 14 days.
Bob

The good news is that Woodleigh are back into it and making pretty much all types of bullets . But there is a big back log of orders to fill.
Managed to pick up 1500 for my 470 nitro project…
Very keen to get a lot of 300gn hd 375 in but they don’t seem to be selling those just yet

@deewayne2003
Why do you need an AFT import permit.
I have sent projectiles to the USA with zero issues. I just sent some 310gn Woodleighs in 35 cal to another member. He had them in about 14 days.
Bob
You can get away with a couple of boxes, but order large quantities and your playing with fire.

I was ordering more than a couple of boxes, and yes you as a private person can get away with it; but when the order is 30+ boxes ordered direct from a business, then yeah better safe then sorry.

I've been searching high and low for some .312 diameter 215 grain RN for reloading a new Uberti 303 British. Would like to take it plains game hunting this coming August.
What's the attraction to them over the 174gn for plains game? I tried a box of the 215gn, shot pigs, donkeys and a few scrubbers with them. Didn't notice any significant difference over the 174gn other than drastic change in POI.

Ellwood Epps if you are in Canada.
@hoytcanon
Great shop. When I visited it I had a great yarn with Wes the owner. If'n y'all look at the display of Epps 303 cartridges you will see the 25-303 Epps improved that I gave them
Bob

You can get away with a couple of boxes, but order large quantities and your playing with fire.

I was ordering more than a couple of boxes, and yes you as a private person can get away with it; but when the order is 30+ boxes ordered direct from a business, then yeah better safe then sorry.
@deewayne2003
I've only sent a couple of boxes at a time. The freight on 30 boxes depending on calibres wout be. Expensive.
Bib

I second that motion.
400 grain Woodleigh .458s, 250 grain .358. and 180 grain .308 all PP.
@cajunchefray
The 225gn Woodleigh PPSP and round nose are excellent in the Whelen. The round nose is great at almost 2,900fps and packs a big punch. It would be ideal in the the 358 win as well
Bob

With Huntingtons closing its doors; it would make life easier for many in the USA if @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION would become a national dealer/importer for Woodleigh.
I talked to Geoff when I was at SHOT in January. We let him know we'd like to import (We hold an FFL 08). More to follow in the months to come.

Also, once we are fully transitioned to the new warehouse and things are going smoothly, we are going to start shipping internationally-- beginning with Canada. I expect that to be mid-summer. I know it's been a long wait for some prospective customers. Thanks for your patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you