Windows Security PSA

Speaking of computers and software...
I decided to upgrade my 4 year old desktop computer. Went the build your own route. Took me about 3 hours to assemble, a day to migrate apps and data.

I have a total of 10 fans. 3x140mm intake at bottom, 3x120 intake at the side, 1x120mm exhaust at the back, a 3x120mm exhaust with the radiator.
CPU: Intel i9 14900K overclocked it to 6GHz.
CPU cooling: AIO liquid cooler pump with a radiator.
Memory: 192GB overclocked to 6800 Mhz
2TB NVMe SSD for OS, 2x4TB NVMe for data.
Graphics: Nvidia GEForce RTX 4090
Case: One piece of glass (front and side) wrapped around an aluminum case.

End result.
1709347616945.jpeg

1709347645265.jpeg

When you get a suspicious email. Before clicking. Hover your cursor, arrow icon over the domain in the search bar. It will give you more details on its origin.

Or go to your search engine and search for that entity separately without using the link.

Now this is an interesting post.

Any tips /links on how to switch from Windows to Lynux based OS?
I have found howtogeek.com

Thanks
I would suggest Linux Mint. Very windows-like in look and feel, it is part of the Debian family of Linux OS's - Debian, Ubuntu, KUbuntu, Kali, and a boatload more. For a non-nerd, Mint is probably the easiest to transition to

Howtogeek is a good resource.

Another way to get one's feet wet with Linux is to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) for Windows. It is basically Ubuntu which gives you access to all Linux applications.

I actually run some Linux applications in the background within WSL.

The scary part of that is it made its way into a couple Kali linux distros.

This is some next-level nefarious shit. Work for a few years to make yourself a trusted committer, create a few bots to chime in at random intervals about how good you are.

Most software shops actually only write about 30-40% of their software. The rest is open source libraries like where this one came from. And most software shops don't have very good SBOM/software supply chain info.

Most software shops actually only write about 30-40% of their software. The rest is open source libraries like where this one came from. And most software shops don't have very good SBOM/software supply chain info.
Yup. The exception is some lines of defense work. In some cases, the OS is written from scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.