Winchester M70 7mm-08 Rem

Huntsmans Bane

AH senior member
Reaction score
I have a gorgeous Winchester m70 Featherweight Chambered in 7mm-08 Remington. Includes factory box and paper manual.
Asking $950.

Winchester 2.jpg
Winchester 1.jpg
Winchester.jpg
Winchester 3.jpg
Winchester no post.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great little round. Perfect rifle for that round.

I have a gorgeous Winchester m70 Featherweight Chambered in 7mm-08 Remington. Includes factory box and paper manual.
Asking $950.
View attachment 588681
If I didn't already have a 7-08 I would be all over this. In fact, somebody better buy this and save me from myself.

Sold to John, :cool:
What a relief! I was Jonesin' thinking I might have to buy another rifle.

There. I'm better now. Tell you wife it was an act of mercy. You needed to save another hunter from himself.

Seriously, congratulations John. I'm sure you'll be happy with you're new rifle.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your note. I did lose money, and I feel pretty dumb. I thought I had done enough due diligence, but clearly I hadn't - so I paid the stupid tax. I'm mad, but everyone's alive and healthy, so things could be worse - so long as I don't make any further contributions to the Nigerian economy!

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your note. I did lose money, and I feel pretty dumb. I thought I had done enough due diligence, but clearly I hadn't - so I paid the stupid tax. I'm mad, but everyone's alive and healthy, so things could be worse - so long as I don't make any further contributions to the Nigerian economy!
John, I was just hit here too and I believe myself a pretty smart guy… I have now installed a policy that the seller has to call me so I can vet them or it’s just not worth it!!!
Having said that there are a lot of good sellers here… Makes me want to go on another type of Safari in Africa!

One trick to ask is for the seller to write their avatar name, the date on a piece of paper take a picture of the paper on the item to confirm they actually have the item.

@JohnD29 if I may ask, for the benefit of myself and other honest folks, what red flags did you not pick up on or what due diligence did you not pursue that would have prevented this misfortune?

Sorry how it worked out for you. Hopefully a future transaction somehow makes up for this one for you.

@JohnD29 if I may ask, for the benefit of myself and other honest folks, what red flags did you not pick up on or what due diligence did you not pursue that would have prevented this misfortune?

Sorry how it worked out for you. Hopefully a future transaction somehow makes up for this one for you.
Tucson, I’m from Tucson also! I’m a Santa Rita Eagle but an ASU Sun Devil Anyway, the first red flag was that I received a pm almost immediately after I posted “PM” sent on the seller post…
That pm was from a secondary party that was new! I had a bad feeling but both the seller’s history and the PP account checked out so I sent payment!
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE but the original poster and again I will only do it if they can pick up a phone and give a call…

Some of the attributes of the scammer's profile that would make him harder to detect are that he is listed as an "AH Senior Member", had been a member for about a year and a half, and had a pretty high message count and reaction score. That kind of substantial history can make a scammer harder to detect than one with a new profile and little operating history.

Some of the attributes of the scammer's profile that would make him harder to detect are that he is listed as an "AH Senior Member", had been a member for about a year and a half, and had a pretty high message count and reaction score. That kind of substantial history can make a scammer harder to detect than one with a new profile and little operating history.
That history was one of the things that made me trusting. Prior to sending the “seller” a pm, I dug through their profile a bit.

They had commented on a range of subjects and offered cogent feedback on actual hunting and firearm topics - not just posting to threads like “on a lighter note”.

In the same way, they responded coherently and quickly to some specific questions I asked via pm, and they seemed familiar with the actual rifle they were pretending to sell.

In retrospect I should have asked for additional specific images of the rifle in question. I noticed two things that raised concerns that I decided incorrectly to ignore. 1) Though they were a member for a year plus, almost all their activity was in the past few weeks. 2) Though they were supposedly located in the same state I am, they did not suggest meeting to complete the sale, or using an FFL accessible to both of us to avoid shipping costs.

I feel for you. Years ago my identity was used to create a corporation. I only figured it out because supply catalogs were being sent to my home. I had to get a police report and submit that before the State of Florida would dissolve the company. I have had a fraud alert on my credit account with the agencies for about ten years now.

And, a month ago, selling some stereo equipment I was very close to getting taken. I had actually shared my Zelle account with the buyer, then something inside me felt unsettled. I immediately closed my Zelle account with my bank and nothing further has happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EugeneTak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.