Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Wild-boar-cutlet-rolls.jpg

Ingredients​

For the hummus

• 1 can chickpeas (drained weight 265 g)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1–2 garlic cloves
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 120 g creamy, pourable tahini
  • 100 ml water (ice cold!)
  • 1–2 tbs. olive oil
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • ½ tsp rose paprika
For the cutlets

• 400 g wild boar topside
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 4 tbs. flour
  • 150 g breadcrumbs
  • 4 tbs. oil
To serve

• 1 cucumber
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 avocado
  • 4 wholegrain rolls or buns, sliced in half
  • Fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)

Preparation​

While draining the chickpeas through a sieve, save 50 ml of the chickpea water and set aside. Put the lemon juice, garlic clove(s) and ½ tsp salt into a blender and process until smooth. Then add the tahini and mix well. Slowly add 100 ml ice-cold water and 50 ml chickpea water while the blender is running. Next, add the chickpeas, 1–2 tbsp. olive oil, cumin, and rose paprika and blend for at least 2–3 minutes, until you get a creamy, smooth mixture. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice. If the hummus is too thick, mix in a little more cold water.

Trim the wild boar topside well, then cut into slices about 1 cm thick and pound a little flatter. Beat the eggs, season them with salt and pepper. Turn the wild boar cutlets successively into flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in portions (about 1 tbsp. per cutlet) in a large frying pan. Fry the cutlets individually, approx. 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper, then let cool on a rack.

Wild-boar-cutlet-rolls_2.jpg
Wild-boar-cutlet-rolls_4.jpg

Wash and slice the cucumber and tomatoes. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and peel, and cut into slices. Spread hummus on the bottom halves of the rolls, and add slices of cucumber, half of the tomato slices, and the wild boar cutlets. Then add avocado slices, the remaining tomato slices, fresh cilantro, and the top halves of the rolls.

Whoever decided to do recipes in the articles section is barking up the right tree. Post as many of these as you'd like.

Whoever decided to do recipes in the articles section is barking up the right tree. Post as many of these as you'd like.
Agreed! More wild game recipes are always appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jörg Schmeisser

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?