Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Wildburger-mit-frischem-Quark-von-der-Knoblauchsrauke_3.png

Ingredients​

For the meat

• 600 g ground wild boar meat (approx. 20% fat content)
  • 1 tbsp. tomato paste
  • ½ tsp. coriander seeds
  • ½ tsp. mustard seeds
  • 1 small onion
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil
For the buns

• 4 tbsp. milk
  • ½ cube of fresh yeast
  • 15 g sugar
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 40 g soft butter
  • 250 g white flour
  • 2 eggs
  • Sesame seeds
For the garnishes

• 100 g cream cheese
  • 100 g quark
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • ½ tsp. sugar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 handful of fresh garlic mustard leaves (Alliaria petiolata)
  • 150 g brown mushrooms
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tbsp. oil
  • 50 ml dry white wine
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 red onion

Preparation​

For the buns, put 100 ml of lukewarm water and 2 tbsp. of milk in a bowl, add sugar, and crumble in the yeast. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes. Then add flour, salt, one egg, and the soft butter and knead everything into a smooth dough.

Wildburger-mit-frischem-Quark-von-der-Knoblauchsrauke_1.png

Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. Then divide the dough into 4 equal parts and shape the buns. To do this, shape the dough into round balls and then carefully press each into a flat, even disk (about 8 cm in diameter) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for another hour. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Then mix the other egg with 2 tbsp. water and 2 tbsp. milk (room temperature) and brush the buns with it. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Put the buns in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the surface is golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.

Mix the lemon juice with the sugar and add to the cream cheese. Add the quark, stir in the finely chopped leaves of the garlic mustard, and season with salt and pepper.

Dice the onion very finely. For the patties, the ground meat should not be too lean, a fat content of 20% is ideal. Mix the ground wild boar well with salt, pepper, tomato paste, crushed coriander, and mustard seeds, and the diced onion, and then form into 4 flat patties. The patties should be as loose as possible, but not fall apart in the pan. The best way to shape the patties is on baking paper, then they won’t stick to the surface. Coat a grill pan with olive oil and cook the patties for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.

Cut mushrooms into small pieces and heat 1 tbsp. oil and 2 tbsp. butter in another pan. Sauté mushrooms and deglaze with wine. Cook for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.

Wildburger-mit-frischem-Quark-von-der-Knoblauchsrauke_2.png

Cut the buns in half, toast them briefly, then spread a generous amount of the quark mixture and some fresh garlic mustard leaves onto the lower half. Top with wild boar patty. Finally, top each patty with roasted mushrooms, 2 tomato slices and 2 onion rings, and the other half of the bun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jörg Schmeisser

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?