Whereabouts of Anton Allen

Anton hunted alot with Richard Bonham, now with the Big Life Foundation in Kenya.

All, I have a link to the rare, incredibly hard to find documentary about Bunny Allen, called "A Gypsy in Africa". I managed to talk the production company into burning me one last DVD. They just sent it from England. I believe in sharing so enjoy at your own risk! https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://wetransfer.com/downloads/bbc01e855ee93b02056c82cde159e6b820240513152432/c2c2353cc704b543b8d512abc8f4459520240513152433/b3a8ed?trk=TRN_TDL_01&utm_campaign=TRN_TDL_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid&data=05|02||42a4fb4248ef4202fe1108dc73617d86|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|638512109766887283|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0=|0|||&sdata=V8TP2inKK/ecudNf7lifN0pebo1F4r+AVgLZlfxDKBs=&reserved=0

Just select, copy and paste the whole thing into a new URL window. Its good for 72 hours

Also, Im trying to send it as an attachment
Thank you for sharing!

Brian,

I had a lovely day spent with the renowned Bryan Colemen. Sadly, at 92, he is quite feeble and hard of hearing; and his wife is in hospice with dementia. So, there's an emptiness to his house, despite the Africana and memorabilia that covers his home. Nonetheless, he was in good sprits; and we spent the day talking about the Golden Years of his time in Africa. We talked about such characters as Brian Herne, Dougie Collins, Antona Allen, and others. I was able to capture many stories during my time there.

He has one of the best collections of Africana books I've yet seen- first editions of Darkest Africa and the White Nile, to name a few. Sadly, it seems destined for the dustbin as he admitted that his only child, a Son, has no interest in Africa.

He lives with his two terriers and still visits his wife every other day. At Sundown, we drove around his ranch and fed the turtles in his pond. This was punctuated by a Sundowner (beer) on his porch and a dinner I had prepared especially for him- "Swahili Fish" and coconut rice; to remind him of the flavors of Africa. When I asked him, "what place would you most want to go back to, if you had the chance?" he immediately answered "Mombasa". So, I found the dish especially apropos.

Lastly, I thanked him for his time; and he invited me back anytime. I took it all in one final time; gave him a gentle hug; and thanked him for everything. Yet knowing, this quite possibly will be the only time a get to enjoy the company of this remarkable Man. I drove back home at night with the windows down enjoying a lovely Texas spring evening; ruminating on this special day I had been blessed to have.

Was this one of his rifles ?

Very good movie about Allen . Hope it make its way to YouTube one day also if it ok for the license holders of it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)