What countries worldwide do not allow hunting?

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Just out of couriosity.
We know about hunting countries. 15 countries in Africa, entire north america, entire Europe, and Australia allows hunting.
So, this leaves numbers of countries in Africa, Asia, middle east that do not allow hunting.
Just out of couriosity what countries do not allow hunting, world wide?

China does not allow foreign hunters.

WTF is there even to hunt in China? Pangolins and bats?

China is a big place. The farms on the Siberian border are some of the largest in the world. There is game in those areas. I have been invited to hunt while on business there. The legality seemed somewhat unclear so I passed.

WTF is there even to hunt in China? Pangolins and bats?
A bit more then that. You will be surprised.
the list below is chinese huntable game, from the time when hunting for foreigners was allowed. (info: hunting consortium)

Considering that owning firearm in China is illegal, once they stopped taking foreing hutners, they automatically banned hunting overall, i guess.

• Tian Shan Argali
  • Sair Argali
  • Littledale Argali
  • Marco Polo Argali
  • Gansu Argali
  • Gobi Argali
  • Altai Argali
  • Chinese Blue Sheep
  • Helan mountain Blue Sheep
  • Himalayan Blue Sheep
  • Dwarf Blue Sheep
  • Golden Takin
  • Sichuan Takin
  • Yarkand Goitered Gazelle
  • Hillier Goitered Gazelle
  • Tibetan Gazelle
  • Mid Asian Ibex
  • Gobi Ibex
  • Tien Shan Wapiti
  • Manchurian Wapiti
  • Manchurian Sika Deer
  • Gansu Red Deer
  • White-Lipped Deer
  • Chinese Sambar
  • West Chinese Tufted Deer
  • Chinese Muntjac
  • Chinese Roe Deer
  • Wild Boar

Special Permit Species:​

• Wild Yak
  • Tibetan Antelope
  • Serow
  • Goral
In the future:
They have large tiger farms. I suppose that "captive bread" tiger hunting could be possible in the future, at least there is capacity for it. However, tiger skin would not be possible to export, as it stands now.

I know folks who do hunt in China. They are Chinese nationals with the right connections. There are definitely two sets of rules in China.

So, far we have countries to ban hunting:

China
India
Sri Lanka
Kenya

In China, hunting is allowed, but it is strictly regulated + there are national peculiarities: the Han people are not hunting and in general they treat arms with disgust. On the periphery, among small nationalities, hunting is a way of life. And there was a practice when licenses were bought for Western hunters by hunting companies, for example, for mountain sheep. But since 2006, this has been prohibited.
in small volumes, the Chinese (rich) also hunt (mainly wild boar) in state hunting farms, and the weapons belong to the farms, the hunters only rent them. Rich Chinese go hunting abroad. In particular, to Russia, the benefit is nearby.

Surprised some talking about Hunting in China, today I pass by here. The reasons of banning hunt would be no bound. First, the highest population of hunman being in the world makes all has a lot of conflicts with nature and wildlife. Stomach used to be the most important till the end of last century. Then protien rich shits breed conservation and protectism growing like rocket. Its found the modern nature theory and wildlife managment tetchnical in this agriculture country are far behind the world. No easy to change 1.3 billion individials's nature values to be sustainable use, game must be by harvest. Now the envirement of forest and meadow changes bettere and better, more and more serious wildlife problem occured, the wold boar farm damages, Takin and Bear attack and kill hundred people per year, Blue sheep disease caused thousands death( our surveillance and managment plan project)...... Now goverment have been trying to allow the local kill some wild boar to protect farm land. I deeply belive this country will open up again in future, to hunt these unique game species, otherwise no way to keep such density for biodoversity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielDalz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.