Warthog Handgun Hunt

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
Handgun Hunting Warthog in Limpopo-my way....

After another morning [7-1] 6- hours of silent ambush hunting with my trusted 'backup' .357 mag [158 gr SWC] for a known, but very illusive 15-16'' , old ivory boar Warthog, I had to admit defeat once again to clever mister wheel-nose -- due to the swirling wind at times I suspect....

I did observe a group of 5 smaller warthogs antics at about 25 m for a while though, heard the Kudu bark close and unexpected behind me to let me know they found me in this game of hide-and-seek, before departing [sly like ghosts-I tell you!].

119203518_367610674399241_2263418533288413879_o.jpg

I was not ready at all for a nice big Duiker suddenly appearing out of the bush on my right at 10 m before also disappearing again without a sound like it has never ever even been there right next to me at all !

The abundant bird-life was a joy to observe and the sand-partridges feeding unsuspectedly only 2-3 m away was a real joy to watch!

Well, as always-it's the hunt and not the kill - that's more important to me while out there hunting ethically my way.....

Next time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.