Wanted L1A1 Wood Furniture & Magazines

Pirkan

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
As the title says I would like to buy a set of wood furniture for my L1A1 fal. I´ve looked all over the internet but haven´t found a seller that wants to ship it to me here in Sweden. If anyone here has a complete set or just some pieces and would be willing to send them to Sweden I will gladly buy them. If anyone has some 20 or 30 rds magazines they would like to sell I´d also be intrested in those. Inch pattern ones would be preferable but metric ones are still interesting at the right price.

I hope that one of all the great people here has some or can atleast point me in the right direction.

As the title says I would like to buy a set of wood furniture for my L1A1 fal. I´ve looked all over the internet but haven´t found a seller that wants to ship it to me here in Sweden. If anyone here has a complete set or just some pieces and would be willing to send them to Sweden I will gladly buy them. If anyone has some 20 or 30 rds magazines they would like to sell I´d also be intrested in those. Inch pattern ones would be preferable but metric ones are still interesting at the right price.

I hope that one of all the great people here has some or can atleast point me in the right direction.
Always glad to help which is what our great forum is about. At least in the US this company pretty much supplies all the retailers for African furniture. I have no affiliation with them just think why pay a middle man. I think they ship all over the world.

Might try Sarco, if anyone has them they would.

Always glad to help which is what our great forum is about. At least in the US this company pretty much supplies all the retailers for African furniture. I have no affiliation with them just think why pay a middle man. I think they ship all over the world.
Sorry for the misunderstanding but the kind of furniture I'm after is a stock, handguard and pistol grip for my bsa made L1A1 rifle and not the living room kind of furniture. I must however admit that the furniture you posted looks very nice. Thank you for your great reply.

I just looked through Sarco. They don’t have near the Fal stuff they had 5 years ago . You may also try DSArms and numrich.
If you are desperate I can part with one 30 round BREN magazine, that is the same as inch pattern FAL. I would have to look up current prices as I haven’t seen one for sale in years.

If you SLR is British then it is likely that woodwork from England, Canada or Australia would fit. There was a Tri-Nation agreement which meant that specification were shared for most components as well as improvements made by any of the Countries. Note the hand-guard design changed a bit over time as did the carrying handle. At least with Australian SLRs, there were 3 different butt lengths, Late in the piece, England changed to plastic stocks (they may have adjusted length by use of spacers??). 'Metric" FAL parts generally weren't interchangeable with 'Imperial" L1A1s. The modern rebuilds could be anyone's guess.

Good luck with your search.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the kind of furniture I'm after is a stock, handguard and pistol grip for my bsa made L1A1 rifle and not the living room kind of furniture. I must however admit that the furniture you posted looks very nice. Thank you for your great reply.
lol!!! my bad

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Australian sites

usedguns.com.au
ozgunsales.com.au

I've seen them pop up - not common but worth checking - if successful - you'd obviously need to find a dealer who will export - I know of a few who may be able to help with that.

Good luck.

Ha Ha. Post Jackboot Johnny's gun laws, the price of magazines etc would probably horrify anyone from a rational country.

Attachments

• 575456 – Used Guns.pdf
    498.6 KB · Views: 22
Good pick up Charles.

Also forgot to mention, if you intend removing the old butt, make sure you get hold of the armourers return spring removal tool otherwise you could have about a meter of inner and outer return springs to put back the hard way (ask me how I know !).

In case stock is not found, why not giving it to a local gunsmith to make new stock?

If you SLR is British then it is likely that woodwork from England, Canada or Australia would fit. There was a Tri-Nation agreement which meant that specification were shared for most components as well as improvements made by any of the Countries. Note the hand-guard design changed a bit over time as did the carrying handle. At least with Australian SLRs, there were 3 different butt lengths, Late in the piece, England changed to plastic stocks (they may have adjusted length by use of spacers??). 'Metric" FAL parts generally weren't interchangeable with 'Imperial" L1A1s. The modern rebuilds could be anyone's guess.

Good luck with your search.
My l1a1 is surplused directly from the UK (via Italy) so it's all orginal and not one of those parts kit hodge podge things that you have to do in the US. It's been refurbished multiple times by the British so it has the polymer furniture but since it was made very early I'd love to get a British wood set for it. Those seem to be very hard to find though so I'd be happy with any commonwealth wood.

Good pick up Charles.

Also forgot to mention, if you intend removing the old butt, make sure you get hold of the armourers return spring removal tool otherwise you could have about a meter of inner and outer return springs to put back the hard way (ask me how I know !).
That's the first thing I read when I looked into swapping the stock. Seems to be good reason for it.

If I were you I would join the falfiles website. I spend a ton of time there. Forum dedicated to the L1A1 and FAL. If you’ll find what you need anywhere that will be the place. Bunch of good guys there

I'm pretty sure I have a mag or two in my stash. I'll have to check if they're inch or metric, I don't know off the top of my head. I'll have to figure out shipping, as I've never shipped OCONUS before, but I'm happy to send them your way.

I would second that you should look on the FAL files forum. https://www.falfiles.com

I recently found it after owning and using FAL's for decades. I used to encounter sets of the wooden furniture for them at USA gun shows from time to time but would not know how to tell if they are metric or imperial pattern. Good luck with the search. Also, you might try to network with collectors in SA, Moz, or Zim. The FAL was "THE" rifle back in the 60-70's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpalBoettc

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.