Wanted Ed Brown Damara Rifle In 300 Win Mag

ghay

AH veteran
Reaction score
I may be looking for a unicorn but would love to replace the one I sold a few years ago. I also might be interested in other calibers in Ed's 704 Action up to and including a 375 H&H. I'd appreciate any leads or offers to buy or trade.

Ed brown Savannah's would also be an option if one were available.

They are still out there as you know. Not unlike you, I sold mine in .300 and .375. Still have one in .340 Wby. and I’m keeping that one. I’ll let you know if I come across anything.

Cabela’s gun library had a couple Ed brown rifles a little bit ago. Not sure if they are still available?

Mark Bansner now has that action, please call him! I'd love about 10 or so of them actions myself! If we could get a group buy that would be great!

He ended up with the rights to it after LAW bought it from Ed Brown then they went to the wayside but Marks hung onto it! I sure hope they come back around soon!

They are still out there as you know. Not unlike you, I sold mine in .300 and .375. Still have one in .340 Wby. and I’m keeping that one. I’ll let you know if I come across anything.
I know they are but folks like us try to hang on to them

He ended up with the rights to it after LAW bought it from Ed Brown then they went to the wayside but Marks hung onto it! I sure hope they come back around soon!
I have a couple rifles built on the LAW action and I really like them. I also spoke with Mark when the legendary arms works Big Five was announced. I have one in 375 H&H and it is a great shooter. I waited almost 2 years for it after it was ordered, but it was done right.

Mark Bansner now has that action, please call him! I'd love about 10 or so of them actions myself! If we could get a group buy that would be great!
I know and I have a Law from his days there. He’s pretty pricey on a new build though.

I have a couple rifles built on the LAW action and I really like them. I also spoke with Mark when the legendary arms works Big Five was announced. I have one in 375 H&H and it is a great shooter. I waited almost 2 years for it after it was ordered, but it was done right.
Mark is an artist in every sense of the word! I’m sure it was worth the wait

You don't have to buy the rifle, you can just buy the action. Give him a call. Just spoke to him! I'm Charlie Barnes from Flat Creek Precision. He's an awesome guy and builds one heck of a stock also!

I’m open and have the following: Ed Brown Custom, A3 Tactical, 300 Ultra Mag, 2008. PM if interested. Serious offers only.
IMG_8373.jpeg
IMG_8374.jpeg

Gary, I saw where you posted your model 97 and were looking for a rifle that was not as pretty to bang around. :) Perhaps even more difficult to find, but if you can find an Arnold Arms rifle built on the Apollo action (Arlington, Washington), give it heavy consideration. They are highly regarded in the Pacific Northwest, but don’t seem to have much following elsewhere and are real sleepers. This is the only picture I have of mine.

Regarding the 704 Action, I do have a thread on here somewhere under “lightweight .375”. I do really like the 704 action.

IMG_6428.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new Ed Brown Savanah 7mm STW. Unfired except by Ed Brown when built. I would consider parting with if interested. You can PM with any questions.

Thank You, I would greatly appreciate that!

I have a new Ed Brown Savanah 7mm STW. Unfired except by Ed Brown when built. I would consider parting with if interested. You can PM with any questions.
I do appreciate the offer but already have a Gunwerks 7PRC and need to stick with the 300 Win since I have all the components and dies. I'm trying to remember if it was you I sold my Dakota 375 Safari Rifle to a few years back? Is that possible your handle sounds familiar.

I have a Damara in 300WM, one of the last ones made on the 704 by Ed Brown. Used it on a few hunts, never really thought about selling it. A fellow like yourself, what are you looking to spend on something like that?

We can discuss it but I know it’s in the $3,000 ballpark somewhere .
Thanks,
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be open to having a conversation about what you would be happy with as far as a purchase price? My offhand comment this morning about a "$3,000 ballpark" was meant to imply " in the $3,000's" but when I thought about it later I realized that it sounded like I meant that number was my idea of a fair price. The truth is that I have almost no data to suggest a fair price because I haven't seen much info on them for years and the only sale I know of somewhat recently was for $3700. I honestly would love to have a conversation and arrive at a price that you feel would be fair.
If you would be amenable to that I would welcome your call.
Thanks,
Gary
(I will forward my phone number in a PM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)