Viper-Flex Shooting Sticks

I used the Viper Flex sticks on my last safari, they belonged to my PH. This was the first time I had seem them, and had the choice of these or of using a traditional set. I opted to try the Viper Flex, as they seemed to work well during the sighting in process (borrowed rifle as well).
It took me quite some time to get used to them. However, I wounded a couple animals, as I was nowhere near proficient enough with them. I was angry with myself for not knowing when to quit, and return to what I was used to.
So, yes they work very well, with the caveat that you practice, practice, practice with them first.
@DmacD
I had never used them before in my life before Namibia. Always used a tree, fence post or what was available. Adapted to them right from the first shot. If I needed a bit more stability the PH put light pressure on my upper back.
I found them great, I may as well have had a benchrest set up in the bush they were that good to ME.
Everyone is different tho and I appreciate the difference.
Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.05.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.05.36 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.05.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.05.38 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.06.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.06.05 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
Where can one buy the new all carbon fiber "Pro" version of the Viper-Flex sticks in the USA? The only online retailer that seems to carry these in the US, https://www.hollandguns.com/, appears to not carry this version.

These are what I'm looking for:

Purchased mine from an outfit on eBay. Want to say they were out of England. It was an easy process and took about 3 weeks to get them in.

Viper flex are far more robust than 4 stable stix which personally I find flimsy and liable to break. We had to patch a set up last week where the top fitting cracked and separated from the pole. This happened on a hunt whilst trying to take a shot.
Luckily you were on hand with your Viperflexs to shoot the buck whilst I fiddled with my 4 Stable Six!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonardMrh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!