Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Alain Lefol Safaris
Hunted
C.A.R., Tanzania, Zimbabwe & Chad
Hello everyone,

here a little video I took from one of our blind waiting for Bongo we had already shot a Giant Forest hog. It's always nice to see them and specially so calm. our population keep growing and we are very proud of all the effort.

I know one of this big male for now 3 seasons

Interesting fact different groups of Giant Forest Hog don't like each other when 2 groups are at the salt lick one always leave

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 7.21.06 AM Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive beasts for sure. what might a big boar weigh? ........FWB

1000024599.jpg

This one was 341 lbs( 155 kg) they can get to 450 lbs (~200 kg) rarely more in our region

Hello everyone,

here a little video I took from one of our blind waiting for Bongo we had already shot a Giant Forest hog. It's always nice to see them and specially so calm. our population keep growing and we are very proud of all the effort.

Interesting fact different groups of Giant Forest Hog don't like each other when 2 groups are at the salt lick one always leave

Enjoy!
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Very cool encounter

Hello everyone,

Enjoy!

View attachment 576016
How heavy would you guess the big ones in the video area?

How heavy would you guess the big ones in the video area?
Probably around 330 lbs quite long body it's for sure an older boar. It's neck and shoulder are not as big as some can be

1000023507.jpg

This one was longer and bigger body. We had to cut him in two bring back to the truck. I was carrying him on the front but my two guys were really struggling. We were carrying him on a pole empty.

Impressive beasts for sure. what might a big boar weigh? ........FWB
They are the largest of all the wild pigs. The 'experts' say a big boar can weigh as much as six hundred pounds. But I think that refers to the East Africa variety which I believe on average run larger than the West African variety. I did not have a scale to weigh mine hunted in the Jibat Forest of Ethiopia, but I did take some measurements. From the upper edge of the nasal disc to the base of the tail, it measured exactly 72 inches. Circumference of the chest immediately behind the front legs was 70 inches! If the biggest bodied boars weigh 600 pounds, then I think it would be safe to say this one's weight would start with the number 5? But I'll be the first to agree . . . scale weight and "bar" weight :D Beer Draft:. . . sorry - estimated weight are two different things!

View attachment GFH-1.jpg

GFH HEAD - LEFT OBLIQUE.jpg

I'd say they also top the list for UGLIEST of all the wild pigs . . .

They are the largest of all the wild pigs. The 'experts' say a big boar can weigh as much as six hundred pounds. But I think that refers to the East Africa variety which I believe on average run larger than the West African variety. I did not have a scale to weigh mine hunted in the Jibat Forest of Ethiopia, but I did take some measurements. From the upper edge of the nasal disc to the base of the tail, it measured exactly 72 inches. Circumference of the chest immediately behind the front legs was 70 inches! If the biggest bodied boars weigh 600 pounds, then I think it would be safe to say this one's weight would start with the number 5? But I'll be the first to agree . . . scale weight and "bar" weight :D Beer Draft:. . . sorry - estimated weight are two different things!

View attachment 576186

View attachment 576187

I'd say they also top the list for UGLIEST of all the wild pigs . . .
Yes there is a big difference between low land and high land Giant Forest for some scientific there are different sub species.
The food they eat between pure rain forest and the other biotope can be completely different. The weight can change a lot between region, Jason Roussos told even in Ethiopia there is some big difference in weight. To have hunted many different species of pigs and weight them the most important is how long they are. 440 lbs is really big pigs for us and depending the year and the rain that a direct impact on them.

Hi Kewin,
I’ve been trying to reach you for a few weeks now. Maybe you’re not getting the emails again. Thought I’d try this route.

Can we set the time frame for the bongo hunt I bought at SCI for May’25 ??

Thanks,
Best regards
Jim

Hi Kewin,
I’ve been trying to reach you for a few weeks now. Maybe you’re not getting the emails again. Thought I’d try this route.

Can we set the time frame for the bongo hunt I bought at SCI for May’25 ??

Thanks,
Best regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Yes all good for May 2025

Best regards
Kewin

Ok great.
I’ll be trying to get to Nashville. Hopefully I’ll see you there. All the best!
To Mrs. Lefol as well. Happy Holidays!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renxingxin15

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.